Solved

where can I see emails that shopify send?

ali426
Excursionist
24 0 2

hi 

I recently started to get some orders 

now shopify uses the email that I provide it with to send email to customers 

for example : order confirmation emails 

but when I go to my email inbox in "sent" section I don't see any massages were sent from this email

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ali426

June here from Shopify. Congratulations on your recent orders!

You've got it, so the email address your customers will see as the sender when they receive their order confirmation emails is the one you've entered under Settings > General > Store details > Sender email. That said, these notifications are really being sent from your Shopify admin, rather than your own email inbox, so that is why you're not seeing them in your Sent folder.

If you are ever curious to take a look at your order confirmation email, you can visit Settings > Notifications > Order confirmation > Actions > Preview. You can even select Send test email for the full customer experience! Your test email will be sent to the address you've listed under Store contact email in your General settings.

If you're ever interested in editing your notification templates, we have some examples of how you can do so here - bear in mind you can always revert your template back to its original form by selecting Revert to default below the template editor.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have another other questions about managing your customer notifications.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ali426

June here from Shopify. Congratulations on your recent orders!

You've got it, so the email address your customers will see as the sender when they receive their order confirmation emails is the one you've entered under Settings > General > Store details > Sender email. That said, these notifications are really being sent from your Shopify admin, rather than your own email inbox, so that is why you're not seeing them in your Sent folder.

If you are ever curious to take a look at your order confirmation email, you can visit Settings > Notifications > Order confirmation > Actions > Preview. You can even select Send test email for the full customer experience! Your test email will be sent to the address you've listed under Store contact email in your General settings.

If you're ever interested in editing your notification templates, we have some examples of how you can do so here - bear in mind you can always revert your template back to its original form by selecting Revert to default below the template editor.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have another other questions about managing your customer notifications.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ali426
Excursionist
24 0 2

@June 

Noop 

thank you very much 

that was very helpful 

SadhanaMassage
Visitor
1 0 0

Yo para avisar de la disponibilidad de nuevos masajes a nuestros clientes de Sadhana Massage Center lo que hacemos es enviar un correo informativo.

Khattar
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi June, I also have the same query but expecting a different solution.
I want to get the copies of all the confirmation mails plus any other invoice related mail sent to my customers for tax purpose here at my location.
Request you to let me know how can I get those.
Thanks

jospabcor
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Did you find a solution yet?

jsciabica
Excursionist
19 0 63

It's silly that we can not see a log of all sent emails from Shopify. There should be a built-in "sent" folder within the Shopify Admin Panel.

FlagLamps_com
Tourist
8 0 6

Please notify me as well when and if Shopify decides to provide an Outbox feature where we could read and print if needed all emails generated by our Shopify stores.

HoppyHop
Visitor
1 0 6

Thanks for this Super Helpful! 

Additionally is There a way to See the Emails that our Shopify System sends to  our customers?

Like a sent Box we can Refer to? 

an Email was accidentally sent to a group of Customers that we need to send a correction email to those same customers to clarify but no longer have that same list. so trying to find the emails it was sent to 

jospabcor
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Have you found any solution to this?