why was my shopify store put pn hold?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Shopify flagged a sale as highly fraudulent. So I canceled the sale, but shopify had already made the sale for me. And has now paused my store. I dont understand what happened?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

Hey, @debbietorres1

There could be several reasons why your Shopify Payments account is placed on hold; however, in any situation, it would be a general review process to verify the business. To gather some context, could you tell me:

1. If you also refunded the order when you cancelled it?
  2. Is there an option to upload documents to the homepage of your Shopify admin, or does it say to contact support?
  3. If it says to contact support, have you received a ticket about the hold, or have you already reached out to our support and escalated the question?

Let me know!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

1. The order was refunded when it was canceled. Shopify flagged it. So I never sent order because of it. The order was processed but not by me. 

2. It says to contact support. I have tried to do that with no luck. There is no number to call. And support takes me to community help only.  I have not received a ticket.

This has been helpful. I hope that I am able to get help as to why it was put on hold and when it will be taking off hold. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

@debbietorres1 

Thank you for the details! Very helpful! I've gone ahead and sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" so I can verify your store and help get this reviewed. You will need to reply to the email with the requested information in order for me to have the store reviewed. 

Chat soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hello Peter,

What do I need to do to open my Shopify store? It was put on hold and I
don’t know why. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
CaliExpress
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

@debbietorres1 

We'll just need to get the Shopify Payments account reviewed, outside of that there wouldn't be any other requirements to getting your store up and running. If you can reply to the email I sent you then we can get this sorted!

0 Likes