APP REQUEST (INVENTORY RELATED)

eddie1983man
3 0 0

Hi there, I need an app that can keep track of my inventory in the following scenarios.

Lets say my shop has 4 products of candy. Orange candy, Cherry candy, Apple candy, and a sample pack that includes 1 piece of each flavour.

The app must be able to take into account that when someone purchases the sample pack, that it is subtracting the inventory from the flavours. So when someone purchases the sample pack stock levels from each flavour are deducted.

is that too complicated? sorry i cant explain it better.

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4374 36 468

Hi,

That is a very easy thing to do. A WebHook sends all your orders to the App. The App inspects the order. If it finds a sample pack, it will simply reduce the inventory of the components of the sample pack. 

No trouble for something like that...

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
eddie1983man
3 0 0

I just checked the shopify wiki on web hooks, it doesn't look too easy to me. Actually it didn't make any sense, and i wouldn't know where to begin to be honest.

I was hoping someone could make the app for me, for the right price of course :)

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4374 36 468

@eddie... I was letting you know that it is a snap for someone like me... so if you want it, I will make it for you... just contact me to iron out a deal, no problem.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Ken_Hui
Shopify Partner
115 0 3

HunkyBill is right. WebHook sounds like the way to go.

Another approach you might want to consider is when someone purchases a sample pack, you just add 1 candy from all flavors and add them to cart and charge each of them 1/4 of the sample price. The downside is 4 items will show up on the shopping cart. Not ideal, but very cheap to build.

Let me know your thoughts, I can help you with either approach. Can you leave your email address?

Ken

Specialized in setting up/customizing Shopify, coupon/discount code management, CSS, XHTML, JavaScript, Ajax, jQuery and SEO. Contact me @ mlkhui@gmail.com
0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4374 36 468

@ken...

That only works if each candy costs $1, and the sample with 4 would cost $4.00. It's so true that you could easily Ajax 4 items with one click into the cart. Guess it all depends on pricing needs.

I have crafted many a shop with kits done this way too.

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 341

Dave is correct, Ken. Your idea only works if there's no deal in buying a combo/kit/bundle. Usually you need to be offering that: some sort of deal. If there's no deal, then, yes, you don't need an app: multiple items added to cart, and you're done.

0 Likes
Ken_Hui
Shopify Partner
115 0 3

Yea, that's why I said it's not ideal and really cheap to implement. :)

The WebHook approach is the best but will take a little more time. I guess it depends on what the requirements are.

Specialized in setting up/customizing Shopify, coupon/discount code management, CSS, XHTML, JavaScript, Ajax, jQuery and SEO. Contact me @ mlkhui@gmail.com
0 Likes