Adding a tipping function to payment page

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi @chrisoneill ,

We created a video on how to setup tipping through Shopify: https://youtu.be/XEUTU2jR7V8

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
779 64 175

Woot wooooooot Shopify came through with tipping in the checkout. 🥳

Awesome for the community. ✊

My team and I invested a lot of time and money building Tip Jar haha 😂 but ehhhh we're here to help Shopify store owners so in a way we all win.

Thanks again for everyone that hit us up from these forums during Tip Jar beta and launch, we've enjoyed the process.

Here is Shopify's checkout tip feature details: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/tips

It's easy to set up, just go to Settings > Checkout then configure your optional tip amounts.

It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.35.34 PM.jpg 

What this means for Tip Jar

We built the first tipping app for Shopify and will continue building it out and making features you request so it continues to be the best tip app outside of Shopify checkout. 😃

If you want to add tips on product pages, cart page, and (coming soon) thank you page, we got you covered. 🤙

We've gotten some great reviews already and met some cool people along the way, and we're inspired to keep providing solutions you want to be more successful.

If you ever need a custom app or solution built, or your site optimized, or any website features hit us up. We're a collective of developers that enjoy building things and take pride in quality work: speedboostr.com/about.

That's all, just wanted to touch base with the update. Tips woohoo! 

Cheers mates 🍻

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 2
Such a positive outlook and you are kind to share the Shopify news. I wish
you the BEST of luck with your app - have total respect for you!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
45 4 9

Hi @JoesIdeas,

I was surprised when I saw your announcement regarding Tip Jar. I've written here at the end of April that Shopify was about to release their solution for tipping:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Ecommerce-Jobs/Adding-a-tipping-function-to-payment-page/m-p...

I think I got this info from the Shopify Partners Town Hall - maybe that could be useful for you, in case you haven't been tunned in.

Love to follow your work btw :) SpeedBoostr is amazing!

Shopify Expert @ Sounds Good Agency
Like this answer if it helped you
✅ Mark it Accept as Solution to help others find the right answer
Book a Free Call if you want to discuss your project | Follow me @davidsimoes_
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 343

@David_SGA 

I was surprised when I saw your announcement regarding Tip Jar. I've written here at the end of April that Shopify was about to release their solution for tipping

What shopify talks about, intends to release, releases, and finally what merchants need will never seamlessly overlap; but we can dream the seamless dream.

Tipjar uses integer denominations and is during the online-store /cart step.

The current native checkout tipping is only percentage based for 3 presets, and does not have 100% guarantee to work with every payment gateway.

There's other things like permacarts,channels, accounting+taxes, etc yet to be explored for edge cases.

Really though you'll see this alot with new features: apps filling either A) the time gap til general availability or B) adding a missing subfeature.

Like if native metafield edting happens the existing apps will still probably be used.

Hopefully this is just a shunt due to Covid19 and more robust underlying feature like companion products,surcharge rules, or granular product visibility comes out and also makes all the other workarounds obsolete too.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
779 64 175

@David_SGA  I saw that but Shopify sometimes takes years or never to release features, you never really know, and we were already knee deep in development so it didn't make sense to give up based on a rumor.

Nice tip on Town Hall, I'll check that out, actually about to jump in the Reunite event now.

Thanks for compliment of our work, we appreciate that!

@PaulNewton good insights, haha "the seamless dream" nailed it. Ya our goal at this point is to keep building it out based on requests from users and filling the gaps in functionality that checkout tips doesn't provide. That's our general goal with app dev, build features that store owners find useful.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
45 4 9

Yes, I hear you - 100% agree :)

Especially being already in the flow, it wouldn't make sense to stop the project.

That's the cool thing about Shopify - the possibilities are endless and more native features while giving more power to the merchants, don't limit at all the Partners growth.

Shopify Expert @ Sounds Good Agency
Like this answer if it helped you
✅ Mark it Accept as Solution to help others find the right answer
Book a Free Call if you want to discuss your project | Follow me @davidsimoes_
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
179 2 11

hello Blissdou,
Ready to add a tipping function to your payment page, I custom functionality will help to do this, I will do the same as you want. 
Can you please share me your store link where you want to add this function.

You can email me anytime, also comfortable with skype -

Email - atique@99coders.co

Skype - info@99coders.co

I will wait for your email, 
Thank you,

also, If you like my answer then please like & for helpful then please accept as a solution.
Best Regards,
Shopify Expert
Atique/99coders
Email: atique@99coders.co
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Having an issue with a customer that has started using the tipping feature. It appears the tip is being added as a line item on the order, but with a null SKU, so when attempting to load the orders that include a tip into our WMS, they are rejected due to the missing SKU. Is there a way to populate a SKU for a tip?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 343

@BW-3PL  Can the WMS accept some other property as a fallback or is it fragilely hardcoded to only hunt for line_item.sku ?

Then maybe  hard set a cart attribute  for every cart:  {{ attributes.tip_sku }} 

Or if the client is on ShopifyPlus when a tip is added add that attribute with some redirects or add line item property onto that line item with checkoutscripts

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/script-editor/shopify-scripts#line-item-meth...

Note: 💣make sure to test orders using hardcoded values with empty tip conditions

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes