Build a product step by step: Apply selected image to selected product

Sterling_Moss
12 0 0

I need someone to create a step by step product builder as follows:

Allow user to select an image (from a library - a vast library)

Allow user to select a product (also a library of images I guess)

Apply the selected image to the selected product

It seems like this can be done dynamically via javascript e.g.:

https://custom-skin.myshopify.com/products/iphone-6-skin

If you can do the work, explain how and send your contact info.

Thanks

0 Likes
CarlowSEO
Shopify Expert
466 0 35

Do you need the options that are selected in combination to be tracked against inventory? The example you provided actually uses what is called line item properties so it is highly unlikely that they are also tracking inventory in Shopify.

How many total combinations could you have... Shopify allows a total of 100 variants for each product. if your combination of options 1 and 2 for any one given actual product is 100 or less you can effectively use shopify, variants, inventory tracking, color swatches, and the actual product images will be shown in all notifications to a customer

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Sterling_Moss
12 0 0

I don't need to track inventory, just orders. I have thousands of variants unfortunately! Alternatively I have thousands of products with several variants....

0 Likes
CarlowSEO
Shopify Expert
466 0 35

Then sure you could use something very similar. However just a comment too many options for a single item may not be the way to go from a user experience perspective specifically on mobile devices

Might make more sense to break them down into logical smaller products. Also this would require an image to be loaded for each combo which may get slow 

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Sterling_Moss
12 0 0

I can't see a way to do this at all. Who wants the job?

0 Likes
Lixon_Louis
Shopify Partner
1174 34 230

inbox me lixon@ecommercestudio.in 

Available for hiring. Reach me at lixon@ecommercestudio.in
0 Likes
bluetech
Shopify Expert
391 0 3

Hello Sterling,

We'd be happy to assit you on building product step by step. You can reach us at info@bluetech.co.in for further communication.

Thanks,

Sid

Bluetech | https://www.bluetechitservices.com | info@bluetech.co.in
0 Likes
Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1462 39 285

Hi Sterling.

On the https://custom-skin.myshopify.com/products/iphone-6-skin I used a fairly simple image layering technique. Basically you have a "clean template" image, on top of that you set transparent images with the product textures.

Before starting this project here are few tips/questions.

1. Do you have a 3d model of your product? What you see there is not real product imagery but 3d renders.

2. If the product options are changing the price make sure that you try to keep the product variants in under 100. This is the Shopify limit. Everything above will complicate the APP logic.

3. You mention "a vast library". The per product limit is 250 images. Above that you will have to get creative. There are technical options like keeping the images on another server, doing image manipulation in canvas or even go full 3d with WebGL.

Glad that my little demo inspired someone :)

Good luck.

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
0 Likes
Adrian34
Tourist
46 0 3

Hello Sterling,

Your concept is good and yes it is possible but we have some suggestions for you.

If user can select their projects from a drop drown list it will be better and if suppose I want to but my cute baby smiling photo in the backside of my i-phone then it will be great (Browse images from you system or phone). We can do this also.

We have done similar project like this.  

If you want to discuss we love to help you.

Regards

Adrian Williams

S K Y P E:-   cisin.adrian

0 Likes
ArnoldB27
12 0 0

Hello Sterling,

Your idea sounds great and we will be happy to help you in making it possible.

Please email me at arnold.cis10@gmail.com for further discussion about the project

Thank you

Best Regards,

Arnold

0 Likes