Conditional default variants - anyone ever do this?

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
155 0 6

Hi all - curious if anyone has ever changed the default variant of a product based on a condition of some kind (language of the page, etc.). We have a client who has one store but switches between different languages - they want German visitors to see German books listed first in the product dropdown (not English).

Thoughts?

Cheers.

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in web dev/design, digital marketing, and online strategy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
213 0 5

Sounds like a good idea. Do you need help implementing it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
155 0 6

Hi Antropy, yes - perhaps. Have you done something like this before or no? 

Cheers.

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in web dev/design, digital marketing, and online strategy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 815

I've done similar thing -- the product image in collection view was changed based on what collection the visitor is looking at. Image was selected (and appropriate product variant url -- so the person arrives at the product page with proper variant selected) based on the keyword in image ALT or filename. Look at this thread and follow the link there.

UPD, just checked and variant selection was not done for that site, but done for others.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
439 2 5

Hello,

I have check your post for detail mentioned and have 5+year's of experience can help you with current expectation.

Let me know your available time and I will do my best to accommodate it.

We can discuss further on skype - deepvyas71

Please let me know your interest

Best Regards,
Deep

Expert Shopify Designer | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com
0 Likes