Customization of Shopify Theme - Multiple Order Confirmation E-mail Templates within the same Store

1 0 0

Hello Shopify Developers,

Momentum Watches is a watch retailer, manufacturer and repair center. 

We already use Shopify for our retail sales, however we also want to use it to host our repair system. 

The main challenge that we need your help with is to move past Shopify's limitation of having one default 'order confirmation' e-mail template per store. 

We have used OrderlyEmails to generate these e-mail templates. The developer of that app has told us they cannot solve the Shopify limitation, and they cannot help us.  

A customer clicks on product labelled 'repair form'. The product is a questionnaire that the customer fills out to describe their service needs. On completion they add the item to their cart. They repeat this for each watch that needs service. Then they checkout. (We have used the Product Options app to create our questionnaire, and this functionality is testing fine). 

This initial checkout triggers an e-mail that tells the customer where to ship their item, and confirms the details of their repair request:  

https://imgur.com/uTz5xRW

https://imgur.com/Q8PPQis

Afterwards, the customer ships the watch to us, with a printout of the repair request. 

On a daily basis, we would receive watches needing service. We would open the packages and cross-reference the printout inside to the pending repair requests in shopify. We would then tag each service request that has arrived with a received tag. Then we would send an e-mail to all customers that have orders tagged with 'received'. 

That e-mail would be sent in plaintext with information about average repair time, the repair policy, and a footer with our contact information.

This email would be automatic. Once the tagging process is complete, the e-mail gets triggered. We don’t want to rely on opening an e-mail client or opening a Shopify App to do this on a daily basis. 

Once the received watches are serviced, we would create a draft order and send it to the customer. The e-mail would look like this:

https://imgur.com/i8XXnxq

https://imgur.com/7tvLRnV

At this point, we need to configure the store so it does not send out an order confirmation e-mail, as we don’t want to send one out at this stage.

Finally, when the repaired watch has shipped back to the customer, we’d send the customer the default shipping confirmation e-mail, with tracking information, as it relates to the draft invoice we created earlier in our process.

It doesn’t really matter if we use an App to help us manage this whole process, or if the process is integrated with the theme, as long as it is reliable and simple for you to code. We want this to be easy for us to manage, and easy for our customers to understand so they can follow along the progress of their repair.

We’d welcome your feedback if there’s an easier way to do this, or if there are other tools we could use.

We don’t have a programmer on staff, so we don’t understand the technical complexity of such a project, or what a realistic budget would be. We welcome your quote. That will help us determine if this setup is feasible for us, as a small family owned business.

Ivan

Momentum Watches

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
525 0 34
Shopify Expert
182 0 13

Hello. I would love to help you with this project. Can you email me at cnscanidate@gmail.com with more info. Thanks

Web developer/Graphic Designer
christina@designsrus.us
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
233 0 4

Hi Ivan - let us know if you still need a hand with this, as we have built private apps that do just this for other clients. We’re a certified partner and expert of Shopify, located minutes from their headquarters (we know the people and product very well).

Feel free to email us at projects@whitewatersolutions.com if you have any questions.

Cheers!

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in web dev/design, digital marketing, and online strategy.
0 Likes

Went through your complete requirement and would like to assist you for the same. Pm me ecommercewebguru@gmail.com

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: ecommercewebguru@gmail.com
0 Likes
Tourist
30 0 1

Hello Ivan,

I would be happy to help. Please mail me at: gabriel.cisin20@gmail.com and add me on skype: gabriel@cisinlabs.com to discuss more.

Looking forward to hearing you soon.

Regards
Gabriel A.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
166 0 4

Hello,

I have relevant experience in Shopify store setup and Shopify APP development and ready to help you.
Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Shivank Agrawal
email: md@anaisystechnologies.com

Shopify Expert | shivankagrawal@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
365 0 4

Hi ,

Greetings !

I have read your post description and available further to help 

please add me on Skype deepvyas71 or email deepvyas71@gmail.com

Awaiting revert

Regards

Deep

Expert Shopify Designer | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
401 0 3

Hey Ivan,

Let us know if still, you didn't find a right service provider.

Thanks!

Sid

info@bluetech.co.in 

Bluetech | https://www.bluetechitservices.com | info@bluetech.co.in
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
227 0 5

Hi there,

We should be able to help with this, would you be able to drop us an email to get an estimate?
info@antropy.co.uk

Kind regards,
Paul Feakins
www.antropy.co.uk

0 Likes