For Hire: Make Custom Line Item Properties appear on cart

Shanta
2 0 0

I'm having an issue with my cart.liquid template. The Custom Line Item Properties that are collected on the product template page is not appearing on the shopping cart. The custom line items are captured when the order is placed, but does not appear on the cart.

I've read through all of the shopify tutorials, and help forums from other users. Can't figure out why the custom line items are captured, yet won't display on the cart page.

Need this turned around quickly and looking to make a paypal (or any other form of electronic payment) to someone who can fix this. I'm sure its an obvious fix, but I've spent more than 8 hours on this and can't invest anymore time into.

0 Likes
andrew_2
Shopify Partner
86 0 0

Developer for Telephone Orders

Hi,

I have worked extensivley with Shopify and would be able to  assist you on this..

You can reach me on

Email

andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com

bytezular

Best Wishes

Andrew

0 Likes
Adrian34
Tourist
46 0 3

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your requirement. I am having 6+ years of experience in Shopify. Let me check the issue.

Let me know the Line Item Properties you are added is simple from customization of product page or you are using some custom or readymade app for that. As the store is password protected so we are unable to check that.
Please provide me the frontend password of the store boballoons.myshopify.com so we can check better.
Also let me know about the custom app if you are using.

Its Hardly 8 hours task.

Regarding

Adrian

$kype:- cisin.adrian

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2579 134 440

Hi Shanta, you didn't provide contact info send me a message at paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

to get this fixed.

If you can provide the storefront password others can view the store and maybe see if it's a frontend issue to save some money.

FYI: Products in the cart are line items which is different from the product object and LIP's are accessed via cart.items

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes

Hello,
I can help you on fixing the bug. Please contact me Skype at anaisys.technologies

Thanks,
Shivank Agrawal

Shopify Expert | info@elderberrytech.com
0 Likes
bluetech
Shopify Expert
391 0 3

Hello Shanta,

Let me know if still, your issue is unsolved so we can deploy our experts for the job.

Thanks!

Sid

Bluetech | https://www.bluetechitservices.com | info@bluetech.co.in
0 Likes
Antropy
Shopify Partner
213 0 5

Hi there,

We should be able to help with this, would you be able to drop us an email to get an estimate?
info@antropy.co.uk

Kind regards,
Paul Feakins
www.antropy.co.uk

0 Likes
Shanta
2 0 0

Thank you all for reaching out and offering your assistance and services. I was able to figure out where I went wrong. 

Early on, I had removed the class=line-item-property__field and referenced other classes to fix the formatting of these custom fields.  

<p class="line-item-property__field">

I had over looked/forgotten this fact, but realized this as I began to set up another unique product template with custom feilds and noticed the values "auto-magically" appeared on the cart page. Whilst doing a comparison I realized where I went wrong.

The joys of coding! ~sigh~

0 Likes
Adrian34
Tourist
46 0 3

Hi Shanta,

Thanks for updating us. It's nice you have done by your own. 

If you need any help feel free to contact us. 

By the way, I say the Videos on youtube they are very good and attractive. I am also planning to contact you for the Christmas day decoration.  

Regards

Adrian

0 Likes
mariiadesignsho
1 0 0

good afternoon
I'm trying to make it possible for customers to enter more information in the shopping cart. There are text fields there and I managed to make them. But I still need to implement the file upload, because the store assumes the use of client files. I made the code:
<p class = "cart-attribute__field">
  <h2> For the production of your order, you need to fill in these fields. (If you buy cliparts then these fields do not need to be filled!) </ H2>
  <h2> If the order contains a photo then you need to send to email mariiadesignshop@gmail.com </ h2>
      <table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td> <label for = "name"> Name </ label>
  <input required class = "required" id = "name" type = "text" name = "attributes [Name]" value = "{{cart.attributes [" Name "]}}"> </ td>
      <td> <label for = "date-of-eventtime"> Date of event / Time </ label>
  <input required class = "required" id = "date-of-eventtime" type = "text" name = "attributes [Date of event / Time]" value = "{{cart.attributes [" Date of event / Time " ]}} "> </ td>
       <td> <label for = "address"> Address </ label>
  <input required class = "required" id = "address" type = "text" name = "attributes [Address]" value = "{{cart.attributes [" Address "]}}"> </ td>
      </ tr>
      <tr>
      <td> <label for = "rsvp-info"> RSVP Info </ label>
  <input required class = "required" id = "rsvp-info" type = "text" name = "attributes [RSVP Info]" value = "{{cart.attributes [" RSVP Info "]}}"> </ td >
      <td> <label for = "your-own-wording-if-need"> Your own wording (if need) </ label>
  <input id = "your-own-wording-if-need" type = "text" name = "attributes [Your own wording (if need)]" value = "{{cart.attributes [" Your own wording (if need ) "]}}"> </ td>

<td> <form action = "apload.php" method = "POST" enctype = "multipart / form-data">
        <input type = "file" name = "attributes [image]">
        <button type = "submit"> Upload </ button>
            </ form> </ td>

</ tr>
      </ tbody>
    </ table>
     </ p>
Where text fields are added. But here the file can not be downloaded.
I need to place a PCP file to integrate with the dropbox, but I do not know where to place it so that it works. There are ideas on this matter. If this is not possible how can I upload files from my clients to my site or external storage without using external services only by the script.

0 Likes