HELP ! Glitch with translation App and Page builder App !!

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
34 3 7
Hi there,

I have a problem with a Shopify plus account. To sum up, our website is fully translated through the App Langify. Some content pages created on our website are done through a page builder App called Pagefly. Mainly, the problem is that whenever there are a small change or as I believe, an update on Pagefly, Langify do not retains the translated contents which results in having pages that ‘’loose’’ its translations ! It happened several times. On April 18, I looked into our website and everything seemed ok, the French and English website were correctly translated. Now, when I go to the English version of our website, page content is in French, some categories shows in French too…I don’t know what to do…I tried to figure it out, we’ve contacted on our own web developers to take a look into it but it seems like no one knows the problem...

Anyone here aware of what the problem might be ? If so, please contact me. We will pay to fix this issue asap.

Thank you for your help and time :)
Sarah | Shopify Expert @ Hello Web
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Need further assistance ? Don't wait, hire us !
0 Likes
100 0 0

Hello Sarah,

I would be more than happy to help you. Please share your complete requirement details at vincent@cisinlabs.com

Skype me: cis.vincent 

Regards,

Vincent 

0 Likes
100 0 0

As seems there is some conflicts or app related issue so in order to analyze the issue we will need store access to check what could be the issue and then we can check it further.
Please add our email as staff so we can look into this further and let you know what would be feasibility of this.

Regards,

Vincent

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
376 0 4

Hello Sarah, 

I can assist you further on the language translate issue on the plus account.
Please share store link to review once 

My Skype - deepvyas71 

Regards
Deep

Expert Shopify Designer | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Expert
9764 86 1512

These are two tools that you'll find just may not want to talk to each other. Did you do your investigation into this before opting for those? It would not have been a combo I would have suggested.

• Langify translates content (like titles, product description, etc), and then stores it in Metafields.
  • PageFly creates custom layout pages via alternate templates. The alternate templates contain hard coded content, and won't have any of the langify Liquid logic, nor be pulling in the metafields that Langify creates.

(Also, to make it clear I'm not looking for work so don't ask. Since it's a plus merchant wanted to add some feedback so you've got a little context on what you're dealing with)

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Shopify Partner
34 3 7

Hi @Jason 

Thanks for your input, I appreciate. Do you have any suggestion then of what I can use ?  Would it be the same if I use Langshop for example ?

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah | Shopify Expert @ Hello Web
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Need further assistance ? Don't wait, hire us !
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Jason, what combo would you recommend?

We also want to use langify (it is a really good app!!) but in combination with a page builder.

Shogun works well, but not at all with Langify. Weglot (as an alternative translation app) is not an option for many reasons! 
So, we've tried a lot of things but do not come close to a solution.

If you have any advise, we would really appreciate it :)

0 Likes
1 0 2

Hi!
I have noticed that you encountered an incompatibility problem between a page builder and translation apps. Please consider using Buildify + Langshop. Both apps are from the same developer and are 100% compatible. Both apps come with a free trial and you can contact their support line for questions or assistance.

Best regards,
Sergey.

2 Likes