Looking for Someone to Help Import Products from a CSV File (3300 products)

Solved
Tourist
7 1 1

Hi,

I'm trying to import a list of 3300 products from a wholesaler via their CSV. I keep failing on formatting the CSV properly and getting a bit frustrated :) I need help from someone to help me get the products up and also walk me through the process of importing from now on as I'll be working with multiple local wholesalers.

Best wishes,
Tudor

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Tudor,

i can help you

please contact me on carter.c@talentsfromindia.com or on skype :- live:carter_1594

thank you. waiting for your quick and positive response.

Best regards 

Carter Woods

1 Like
Shopify Partner
157 0 4

Hello Tudor,
Greetings! I can help you on this csv import and please email me  at shivankagrawal@gmail.com and send me the sample csv that you are  trying to upload.

Thanks,

Shivank Agrawal

Shopify Expert | shivankagrawal@gmail.com
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 50 107

Hey there, @Tudi 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out. First and foremost, I would recommend breaking up that .csv into at least 3 separate files. Generally speaking, when a product import file exceeds 2000 lines it can get stuck and cause errors. You may have formatted your file perfectly but due to the size of it, it may be failing to upload.

Can you let us know what error message you are receiving when the file fails to import? You can also read some solutions to common problems here. You can download and view a sample product CSV file to use as a template:

• The sample file contains an example product and a couple of variants. Your import file likely contains many more products and variants. If you use the sample file to create your own import file, then make sure that you remove all the example products.

• The sample file includes the Variant Inventory Qty column, which is used only for stores that have a single location. If you use multiple locations and want to import or export inventory quantities, then use the inventory CSV file.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Tourist
7 1 1

Hi Bo,

Thanks for the tips. I used an app called Format my Fuzzy CSV to map my columns to the Shopify fields. The error I got was the following:

3,309 Products failed to import.

Failed or ignored items won't affect the database. You can re-upload these after fixing the problem fields.

Failed:

• Line 2-6: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.
  • Line 7-15: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.
  • Line 16-27: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.
  • Line 28: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.
  • Line 29-38: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.

It goes on for 3000+ lines so I won't paste them all. Here is the csv in question, after formatting it: https://files.fm/u/hr97uhct

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

Hi @Tudi I can help you with such importing issues and wholesale setups or theme customizations to support it.

Contact me at paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Please provide details of the issues so far, any steps you've taken,  and an original of the supplier CSV along with a your current in progress CSV( or samples of them).

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like

Success.

Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

@Bo can you confirm that shopify import can read urls from the two-letter .ro TLD (romania top level domain) ?

As that may be the problem to @Tudi 's errors with images not being accessible:

• Line 2-6: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.
  • Line 7-15: Validation failed: Inv....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 50 107

Hey there, @Tudi 

@PaulNewton you are correct! There is an issue with the Image Source link itself - the format is unsupported. When I removed all the images I was able to get the products to import to a test store. You will need to find another host for your images in order to get this to work.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Tourist
7 1 1

@Bo  & @PaulNewton 

Thank you both for your help and digging into my issue :) I'll find a way to work around the image hosting!

Have a great week.
Tudi

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

Your welcome , contact me if you still need someone to handle the image hosting importing.

Good Luck ~Paul

0 Likes