Need a Shopify Expert for help on pre-order > using 3rd party payment provider

5 0 0

SERVICES REQUIRED

We need to activate the Pre-order capability for a product that will not ship until March 2020. Shopify will only allow delays up to 7 days, then they charge. Due to regulations, we need to charge when it ships.

Since Shopify requires a third-party payment provider to achieve this functionality, we are also looking for recommendations on a good candidate. Our research suggest that Authorize.net might be a possibility.

This is simple to describe, but we prefer getting an expert who has done this before. 

PROJECT INFO and CONTACT

Dave Schultze

Gridopolis Games

Shopify > https://gridopolis-games.myshopify.com/

Budget > open / depending on proposed solutions 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
341 24 62

I have 2 solution ideas:

A) I use the app Now Back in Stock to automatically build a list of customers waiting for a product to come back in stock, and also to get pre-orders / pre-interest in a new product or design.

That's the easy solution but the downside is those customers aren't yet customers, they haven't committed payment info (a % will buy when it comes available, but it's less than 50% in my experience).

B) You can use Stripe to accept the pre-order and collect the credit card information without charging them yet. What you can do is create a "customer" object with their info, then initiate the charge later.

I created a custom Stripe integration for payments on my site speedboostr.com/services - this charges customers immediately, but the procedure would be similar, just with different wording (you'd say "we'll store your information securely and charge when the order ships"...)

If I build this for you, here's the approach I would take:

1. Add the Stripe capture to either a Pre Order button on a product page, or create a special landing page for this product.
  2. Set up a backend server to accept the encrypted transfer data from your site (cc info), process it, and create the customer in your Stripe account.
  3. I can also connect an API to an email service provider to collect emails into a list if you'd like.
  4. Create a plan and instructions on how to charge the saved customers when you're ready.

If you'd like me to build this, send me an email to joe@speedboostr.com with any other details and I can provide a quote / timeline.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Excursionist
29 1 1

Hello @schultzeworks 

I am interested in your requirement and will be glad to assist you.

please reach me out through Skype cis.am3
E.ma.i.l     frank@cisinlabs.com

Thanks
Frank

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Joe

I wrote you an email, so look there for my follow up.

Thanks,

Dave 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Frank

I wrote you an email with more details, so please follow up that way.

Thanks,

Dave 

0 Likes
Excursionist
29 1 1

Hi @schultzeworks 

thanks for the email 

I received your email let me check the shared details and will get back to you ASAP.

i sent you connection on skype @ cis.am3 please do connect for quick discussion.

Thanks
Frank

0 Likes
Excursionist
29 1 1

Hi @schultzeworks 

thanks for the email 

I received your email let me check the shared details and will get back to you ASAP.

i sent you connection on skype @ cis.am3 please do connect for quick discussion.

Thanks
Frank

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hello 

0 Likes

Dear schultzeworks,

Hope you are doing well.

We love to help you . 

Please contact us here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Our job has confused some experts or generated options we do not want. Let me further describe exactly what we need in a little more detail.

• We have one product that is not yet ready, but will be in March/April 2020
  • We need it to show up in the store NOW and allows customer to Pre-order.
  • We've seen stores do this. The button says 'Pre-Order' instead of 'Buy now.'
  • A Pre-order means we capture all of their billing and shipping info right away, but we do not charge them until it ships. (For legal reasons.)
  • Shopify will not let you go over 7 days, so they require shops to use a third-party provider. (Not sure why, but they do)
  • I have a Stripe account, so that may work. 
  • This Pre-order functionality needs to happen DIRECT / or INSIDE the Shopify store. (Not external / on new page / or an outside site)
  • Shopify has a specific definition for DIRECT vs. EXTERNAL > see link
  • Since I am not the first store to do a Pre-order, Shopify has detailed steps on how this should work.
  • Read this Shopify page > Allow Pre-order for Products

I'd appreciate it if contacts could start off messages with an understanding of the specific problem above. Even better, you might say 'I have done this and know how to help.' When you reply with a resume and the question, 'what do you need?' it appears that you did not read anything I wrote. 

Thanks,

Dave Schultze

dave@schultzeworks.com

0 Likes