New site creation - HUGE volume of existing products/categories

Highlighted
1 0 1

Our needs:

We have an existing web store built on Candypress which we need to migrate to Shopify.  We KNOW NOTHING about Shopify so need someone to bootstrap the new web site and train me on its maintenance.

Work with the owner and me to determine what flavor of Shopify account, payment types, etc., best suit our needs.

This will be a web site with around 40,000 products divided into a few hundred categories/subcategories.  However, the sales volume is relatively low – less than a dozen customers per day – if that affects the Shopify account type.

We are not trying to reproduce the old web site exactly, but we do have all the current relevant databases from Candypress exported into CSV files.  They will undoubtedly need a little massaging but we are not creating anything new from scratch from a product standpoint.  All the products are defined and categorized.

We also have the existing customer database which we would like to get transferred so that existing customers just have to set new passwords but have all the rest of their information largely available without having to create new accounts.

We have all the images for the products in a directory structure which is referenced by the product CSV file.  Their migration is part of the puzzle.

I need to be trained on how to maintain the web site so that I can help the owners who have less computer experience.  In particular, they send me spreadsheets with a few hundred new items along with their images fairly often, so I need to learn how to massage them into whatever format(s) that Shopify needs to update current categories, create new categories, etc.

Consideration will favor whoever references how their skills meet our needs.  That is, if you just cut and pasted a stock reply which doesn’t reference anything in this lengthy needs list then I assume you didn’t read it and would expect the same degree of assistance if you were actually selected.

The above is the bulk of the work needed.  If rates are reasonable, we may also contract to help with the aesthetics after the product inventory is online.

Thanks,

Scott Dillard

1 Like
Shopify Partner
21 2 4

Hi @Streamwood 

I would be happy to work with you and the owner to migrate your store onto Shopify.

I'll break down your message:

• The amount of products, categories/ subcategories aren't a problem at all
  • We are a Canadian based (Toronto, Ontario) web development and Marketing agency. You can check us out here
  • We can absolutely help you create a new store with a unique design to meet your customers needs
  • We can assist with the CSV files (this is normal)
  • The existing customers can me added based on your requirements (we need to know more)

We offer extensive training on how to use Shopify. Most of our clients require medium to heavily hand holding as they transition their brick and mortar storing onto online platforms. I can our training programs and support in more detail if you are interested.

You can reach out to me any time and we can go into further detail about your requirements. 

matthew@2h.media

Best regards,

Matthew Herchel

2H Media

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
172 0 4
Hello Scott,
Greetings! I have read your job description and would like to offer my services. I will help you right from migration to store setup. Training on Shopify.

Please email me at shivankagrawal@gmail.com to discuss further.

Thanks,
Shivank Agrawal
Shopify Expert | shivankagrawal@gmail.com
0 Likes
9 0 0

Hello Scott,

Good fit for your requirement as have 5+ years of experienced into creative developement to code, draw, & design with many approaches and using it to improve the experience of website and bring out a positive output.
I would be happy to assist you with your requirement at very competative rates.
To know more you can add me on skype.

My skype id is live:brianna_1049
Email address : brianna@cisinlabs.com

Regards
Brianna J.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
105 2 18

Hi Scott,

I would be happy to assist you with your store migration.

Please contact me here, if you want to discuss.

Kind regards,

Bogdan

0 Likes

Hello Scott

Went through your complete requirement and would like to assist you for the same. You can reach me at ecommercewebguru@gmail.com for a formal quote.

Thanks 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: ecommercewebguru@gmail.com
0 Likes

Hello,

We love to work with you.

Contact Details:

https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/contact-us

Phone: +91-9748230320
E-mail: shopify@mswebdesigner.in

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts and Partner

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
31 0 1

Hello,

I have gone through your requirements and i can help you please mail me on "hello@creativemirza.com" so i will send you the brief mail according to your requirement and i will show you there my portfolio and my recent work in the same industries.

Many Thanks 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hello Scott Dillard,

I read your requirement and understood you can contact me on skype: ravi.kathiriya1

email: ravipatel572@ymail.com

Regards

Ravi Kathiriya

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
237 0 4
Hi Scott - we hope you and your group are well. We have a lot of experience transitioning customers from one platform to another - often involving the movement of large product sets, customer bases, and custom functionality (old store to new must have components). We try to automate a lot of this with API’s and such, to save time.

We are certified Partners & Experts of Shopify, located minutes from their headquarters in Ottawa; we know the platform and people extremely well - and have been working with Shopify since 2006.

Whether you need a basic plan, or something more like Shopify Plus, we can help you make those informed decisions...now, and as your needs grow. We’re not just a partner of Shopify - but a partner of all our clients.

Hit us up via email at projects@whitewatersolutions.com if you would like to discuss further.

Cheers!

WhiteWater Web
A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in web dev/design, digital marketing, and online strategy.
0 Likes