RFQ: New site - need dynamic URL redirect

Adamfy
2 0 0

When a user clicks my Google Ad for www.mydomain.com/a (which will be hosted by Shopify), I want it to be redirected to a vendor website www.bossrevolution.com. However, due to my vendor's design, the ugly affiliate link does not direct the customer to www.bossrevolution.com home page, but to a sign up page deeper in the site. I want customers to first land on the home page, then navigate to the sign up page, preserving the cookie created by landing on the sign up page due to my link.

1)  I need someone to code this redirect so that the customer lands on the home page, but the cookie from the affiliate link will persist in the customer's browser so I will get credit for the sign up. This has to work on all major browsers.

2) the /a in my Shopify URL will map to affiliate account #1, /b to affiliate account #2, etc. as I have multiple affiliate accounts and want to track customer conversion rates separately. You will have to create a dynamic redirect URL based on the affiliate account map. These mappings can be hard coded, no database required as they are limited in number.

3) Walk me through the code you wrote so I will know how I can add my own affiliate mappings for /c, etc.

I look forward to your ideas, advice and receiving your work quote. This is a low budget project.

Thank you,
Adam

a*m*kahn*** at gmail (drop the *'s)

0 Likes
Ken_Hui
Shopify Partner
115 0 3

Hi Adam,

This can be easily done in the Shopify Admin UI. Go to Navigation Tab and scroll to the bottom and you can do it in the URL redirect section. Let me know if you need help. My email is on the signature.

Good luck!

Ken

Specialized in setting up/customizing Shopify, coupon/discount code management, CSS, XHTML, JavaScript, Ajax, jQuery and SEO. Contact me @ mlkhui@gmail.com
0 Likes
Adamfy
2 0 0

Thanks, Ken, I'll take a look and reach out if need be.

0 Likes