Recommendations of developers who speeds up Shopify pages?

Tourist
16 0 3

Hi

We are really happy after switching to Shopify (from Magento 2), but Google seems to punish us because our page is too slow. It's especially with the mobile version PageSpeed Insights gives us less than 30 points in score.

I know there's alot of developers who have specialized on this topic, but do you guys have any experiences? It would be good to know how much improvement we can expect. I'm a programmer and I have tried to do some adjustments, but I'm not an expert on this topic. We are also using Crush Pic so the images should not be the problem.

Most of people don't recommend us going for an AMP version, because the design and the "good feeling" is very important since we are a fashion store selling shoes and some clothing. So I'm basically looking developers who can do just some adjustments with our theme.

We are using an adjusted version of the Impulse theme and our address is sapatos.com.

Thanks for sharing some good experiences... 👏👏👏

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1659 48 169

@Per_Arne 

As for google amp the warnings are basically about using off the shelf apps vs you controlling the whole experience with your own system.

And DIY amp often means just redoing the whole theme and build process for efficiency.

Since performance optimization isn't always liner to cost to fix , I use a tiered approach.

Contact me for an estimate either to implement or consult paull.newton+sapatos@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like
Tourist
24 0 1

Hello,

I can help you with this. Please mail me at: gabriel.cisin20@gmail.com and add me on $k-y.pe: gabriel@cisinlabs.com to discuss more.

Looking forward to hearing you soon.

Regards
Gabriel A.

1 Like
Excursionist
18 0 2

Hey @Per_Arne,

Hope you are doing well. 

I can definitely help. Please connect me to reachmetojay at gmail dot com. 

Regards, 

Jay

1 Like
Shopify Partner
376 0 4

Hi Per_Arne,
Greetings !

I am interested and available further to assist.

Please contact me deepvyas71 at gmail dot com.

Regards
Deep

Expert Shopify Designer | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
19 4 5

Hello!

Your problem is very common with the new Shopify users. My team and I have great experience in solving it.

First, try optimizing images to speed up your store. You can learn how to do it here https://www.vtlabs.org/blog/the-anatomy-of-a-great-responsive-shopify-product-images

After that, you have to get rid of the apps you don't use much. They only slow down the website.

If it doesn't work you can try to set up Cloudflare.

We prepared an article on speed optimization in general https://www.vtlabs.org/blog/an-introduction-to-shopify-speed-optimization

Please keep in mind that Google has changed the Lighthouse algorithms recently and now the speed information isn't that reliable. If you want to have a better understanding of your website performance it's better to look at the Bounce Rate on Google Analytics. It is not supposed to be higher with the mobile version. Otherwise, there are improvements to be done.

If you need assistance please don't hesitate to contact us dev@vtlabs.org

We are always happy to help!

1 Like

Hello,

We would love to help you.

Please contact here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
1 Like
Shopify Expert
340 24 62

I don't think they're punishing you, most Shopify sites score low with Google PSI tool. The score isn't tied to actual load speed or SEO, they're estimated recommendations based on a site crawler.

I wrote a detailed guide to PSI for Shopify sites, the warnings, how to improve, why you can't or shouldn't clear all the warnings, etc -  https://speedboostr.com/google-psi-for-shopify/

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
3 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 2 5

Hi,

I'm Shopify expert and I have speeded up many Shopify stores, i can assist to fix all the possible issues which are slowing your website down.

You can check my blog about speed up tips here https://www.ecom-gurus.com/category/speed-up-shopify-loading-time/

You can contact me via contact@ecom-gurus.com

Best regards,

Shopify lover
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
340 24 62

Be aware of the reply from @CodingLover - they stole a copyrighted image from our website and put on their own site:

stolen banner.jpg

We have no affiliation with them, they blatantly stole from us. @CodingLover  you should be ashamed to call yourself a Shopify Partner. You're stealing from other partners and trying to deceive Shopify store owners.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
2 Likes