Remove Billing Information Form from the Cart-Customer information-Payment method section

Bart_Basi
4 0 0

Cheese & Crackers, Inc. is testing out an online order taking system at: https://cheese-crackers-inc.myshopify.com/ we need assistance with the removal of the billing information form during the checkout process.  No payments are taken online, we only accept payment when a customers comes into a store to pick up their order.  Therefore we want to eliminate the form that displays and eliminate the required completion of the data the form collects.

The form is located at: Cart / Customer information / Payment method

1. I would at a minimum the Billing information form eliminated and the customer to be able to complete the order on this screen.

2. Ideally the customer could complete the order without this page at all, the prior page has all the information we need.  Therefore funcionally the order could be completed on the prior page which would eliminate a step and be a preferred solution.

I would like a:

A. Fixed quote for completing either item 1 or 2 above.

Any feedback on this project is greatly welcome.

Thanks,

Bart

Bart Basi, Cheese & Crackers, Inc.

bart@crackerscheese.com

217-615-8531

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2588 134 445

Hi Bart, "Cart / Customer information / Payment" ,etc are part of the shopify hosted checkout without a shopify plus subscription changes to the checkout flow is limited to stylistic choices in theme settings.

This is an atypical use case ,you would have to create your own cart<->order<->carrier service<->checkout flow this is more complicated if your using shopifyPOS.

You'll be better of prototyping by starting with an app to work out your implementation details.

Try click and collect, or other pickup apps. Or just let customers create orders.

A 'Hack' to use is make the order free then re-open order and rebill in store.

Also see the documentation on digital goods https://help.shopify.com/manual/taxes/tax-on-digital-products

If you need this explored for you situation contact me with a budget at paull.newton+cheesecrackersinc@gmail.com

Disclosure I'm a shopify partner and provided urls are affiliate links

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes

Hey Bart,

You might not need to do anything custom at all.

Shopify lets you add a manual payment method to your store which customers can use to checkout with. I've attached an example I use in my development store which lets me skip the payment details.

If you setup a Manual Payment -> Custom Manual Payment then you can create a "Pay instore" option for customers. Here's Shopify's docs on how to set it up, it should take maybe 15 minutes.

https://help.shopify.com/manual/payment-settings/manual-payments

Eric Davis

Eric Davis | Little Stream Software | Shopify apps to increase your repeat customers | http://www.littlestreamsoftware.com/apps/
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2588 134 445

Shopify lets you add a manual payment method

Attached is a screenshot of how checkout can look using this technique.

AFAIK a limitation is inability to style or control the layout of the 'additional details' or 'payment instructions' since all html tags will get escape to strings and no other markup is available. This also means images wont work. Though line breaks are observed. Also method titles can't be edited nor can they be duplicated or deleted in the admin, so watch out for typos.

You can also create multiple manual methods and each activated one will appear at 'Customer information >  Payment method' . Using this as a hack can give you an accordion style info boxes, with the psuedo alphabetical method being the topmost open box. fyi: character(_,.,!,,),etc conventions don't work here. note "a faq" would appear before "billing" but after "billing skipped" /wrist.

Or setup variants of the expected payment methods to facilitate things: 'Pay in store: Paypal App', 'Pay in store: credit card', etc.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
1 0 0
Can you do it for me please

0 Likes