Simple Product Addon Dropdown Mod

LiXy
17 0 0

I have tried to complete this mod myself but it has thus far eluded me.  On my product page I have a base product with several potential addons in the form of product variants.  These addons can be selected with checkboxes, radio buttons and dropdowns depending on the characteristics of the add-on. 

The problem I am having is with dropdowns.  I want to add the text PLEASE SELECT to a dropdown with a NULL value for product variants however I keep getting the "Cannot find variant" error when the item is added to cart and a variant is not selected.  It is my understanding that there is no null value that can be assigned to the <option> that \cart\add will accept.  

My temporary solution to this problem has been to create $0 standard options which get added to the cart along with the base product if a dropdown selection has not been made.  This is very clunky.  Check it out for yourself here http://bit.ly/dkRVcU

Let me know if you are up for this quick challenge. 

0 Likes
Charles_Marsh
Shopify Expert
33 0 0

Hello,

I can do the mod for you, email me charlesemarsh@hotmail.com

0 Likes
xavdla
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

Hi Lixy what's your email?

0 Likes
LiXy
17 0 0

THIS JOB IS STILL OPEN.  I am looking to get it done today if possible and I am willing to pay a premium for expedited service...ANYONE?????

If you are interested please provide your email address and I will contact you ASAP. 

0 Likes
LiXy
17 0 0

BUMP ^^^

0 Likes