Thoughts on new experts marketplace?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0
As a partner what are your thoughts on the new experts marketplace Vs the old? We have noticed a drop in leads.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
808 67 188

I've gotten more leads since the launch, but I've found the new interface a bit cumbersome - mainly the messaging within the app instead of email. Email is easier / better for both ends in my opinion... and if you're a professional you already have your own links, helpful snippets, invoicing system, etc.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
5 0 1

i don't get more leads, i lost my positions with 200 reviews on shopify and after 6 years of hard-work , i got the worst positions and i am losing a lot of money .. the ranking has a big issue and people who don't have reviews are at the top and getting more work..

i have started conversations directly  with Atlee and Liz Couto, because the marketplace needs to be fixed.. there are a lot of big companies which are the end of the ranking like my company.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

@Apolomultimedia wrote:

there are a lot of big companies which are the end of the ranking like my company.

Could you elaborate, i've never bothered with the experts program for reasons like this but I would think that the matching isn't only rank based but also uses geography, budget,category,business size(sole,agency) or some other factors for the opaque algorithm.

Do you think this is because they are trying to match "new" merchants with "new" experts?

I've seen this opposite effect in other marketplace startups when they try to use rankings almost exclusively as the main metric causing the horrible opposite scenario to happen: where only the top 10-100 business ever most of the business , thus the reviews get monopolize and new entrants never get picked.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0
Could anyone share some tips of how to generate leads outside of the marketplace?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

@maltillo wrote:
Could anyone share some tips of how to generate leads outside of the marketplace?

For extended off-topic discussion make a post in the partners area and link to it.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
5 0 1

Not only reviews is the metric to get a good positions on marketplace, there are another metrics, but anyway  if a company was attending a lot of shopify merchants and delivering a great work, the prize is a good review, therefore is fair that reviews have a better weight than other metrics because these companies have experience, knowledge and invest in more resources to deliver a great service for any shopify merchant.

New ones can grow up based on another filter., i think that marketplace is taking any comment to improve the marketplace for everything.

0 Likes