URGENT. Wrong variant being added to cart!

Highlighted
4 0 0

This issue needs is causing me to loose a lot of sales and needs to be fixed ASAP. With most of my products, when the page loads the varient selector is automatically messed up and no matter what varient you choose to add to cart it always shows the defualt variant in the cart. Sometimes it functions normally but most of the time it does not. I would really like this to get fixed! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 814

Did it work before you've added the Social Proof App? Highly likely it a side effect of this App.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Yes I think it did. That was awhile ago. Would just deleting the app fix the issue or is there more I have to do with the code while deleting it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 814

If not much configured in the App, I'd try to remove it and see what happens. Should be enough to just delete it.

Otherwise more thorough check is needed --  probably there are other ways to solve it

I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Removing it seemed to have fixed the issue for now! I will update if anything changes. Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 814

Looks like the usual conflict of loading too many copies of jQuery library. Your theme is loading it's own copy, ver 3.1.1 (probably somewhere at the bottom of the theme.liquid Layout). But some apps get loaded before this, look for jQuery, find none and load it's own copy.

Try to move the line which loads jQuery higher, like to the <head> 

I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Just did that thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
391 0 3

Hi,

Please check your inbox.

Thanks!

Sid

info@bluetech.co.in

Bluetech | https://www.bluetechitservices.com | info@bluetech.co.in
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
213 0 5

Hi there,

We should be able to help with this, would you be able to drop us an email to get an estimate?
info@antropy.co.uk

Kind regards,
Paul Feakins
www.antropy.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
51 0 1

Hello Tim,

Is it possible that you are using specific apps that are causing conflict with variants?

We have seen this problem in many client stores, please update us on this or contact us if you need any assistance.

We will be happy to help.

Cheers!

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others".
0 Likes