Inventory Update Date incorrect

Kaila_
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there. I have a work flow set up to update a spreadsheet when inventory is updated, and i'm using the {{product_variant.inventoryItem.updatedAt}}, however the date being provided is not correct. Where i can update this, or how i can change it so it will reflect the correct date? OR is there a way just to include the date and time when the workflow has been triggered?

Replies 3 (3)

AnthonyKentris
Shopify Staff
33 15 16

Hi @Kaila_,

The "inventory quantity changed" trigger starts when a product variant's inventory is updated either manually, or through the API. So this means when an item is purchased or returned, that still constitutes it as "changed". So your workflow should add a new row to that spreadsheet every time the inventory is changed, and each row should have the correct updated at time in ISO 8601 format.

If that's not the case, it might be best to troubleshoot this directly with Shopify Support as they'll have the ability to look directly into the workflow in question and see what's going on!

Anthony // Product Marketing Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn about Shopify Plus

Kaila_
Visitor
2 0 0

@AnthonyKentris Yeah, my workflow is working perfectly when inventory levels are changing, but for some reason the date being given is 2019-05-

31T13:19:58Z even though the inventory is being updated today, and sadly it is not May 31st

@AnthonyKentris wrote:

Hi @Kaila_,

The "inventory quantity changed" trigger starts when a product variant's inventory is updated either manually, or through the API. So this means when an item is purchased or returned, that still constitutes it as "changed". So your workflow should add a new row to that spreadsheet every time the inventory is changed, and each row should have the correct updated at time in ISO 8601 format.

If that's not the case, it might be best to troubleshoot this directly with Shopify Support as they'll have the ability to look directly into the workflow in question and see what's going on!

AnthonyKentris
Shopify Staff
33 15 16

Hmm that is strange! Without seeing the workflow and digging into the data I'm afraid I can't see myself. But please reach out to our support team and they can do that more in-depth analysis for you. I'm sorry I can't help!

Anthony // Product Marketing Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn about Shopify Plus