Start when initialization

Solved
cyayung
2 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to automate promotions by tagging products but the only 'Start When' is with 'Product added to store'.

I currently have over 1,000 existing products within the database.

Question: Does full product export import triggers 'Product added to store'? How do I initialize newly created triggers?

Many thanks :)

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @cyayung!

Adding a product manually, or creating a new product through the API is how the "Product added to store" trigger starts. Unfortunately, it doesn't get triggered when you overwrite products using the import/export function.

In the future Flow may be able to watch for changes on an existing product to start a workflow, but right now that isn't possible (only when a brand new product is added). A workaround you could try is to use the "Inventory quantity changed" trigger. This starts whenever a product's inventory goes up or down. From there, based on the condition you're looking for, you could add the product tags with Flow.

Anthony // Product Marketing Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn about Shopify Plus

0 Likes
snappygate
1 0 0

You should start with selecting your niche market. Try & be specific with your customers group and type of product category you want to sell. you can use shopify or amazon or your own outlet. checkout our shopify site as an example snappygate.com

0 Likes