1 Register 2 Shifts

Solved
2 0 0

We have a gift shop attached to our experience space and it stays fairly busy all day. We currently have 1 register and have split shifts between 2 people on some days. Is there a way to keep one register shift open and still open a second shift? That way the first shift person can count out their float and deposit while the second shift person begins their new shift, with a new float, and continues to ring up customers. 

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2000 128 272

Hi @factoryobscura,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

It is only possible to have one shift open per register/ iPad. 

19-07-m5p4x-s7l08

You can read more about register shifts from the help guide Shopify made about them here

I completely understand where you are coming from and how this could benefit your business from your post. Because of that, I will mention this to our development team as a feature request for the future. Feedback like this is invaluable and hugely helpful to the team to understand what store owners like yourself are looking for to improve and make your businesses more efficient. 

Hope this helps and answers your question. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Nick, thanks so much for your reply. Yes, this would be super helpful to us especially as we add locations. If you are able to add this function to the system please let us know.

Thanks again.
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2000 128 272

No problem at all @factoryobscura.

Be sure to keep an eye out for product updates in the future to see if this does get implemented. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes