2 barcodes for one Variant?

Tourist
16 0 2

I've posted about this once and didnt get any hits, i know i can't be the only B&M owner that is having this issue. I am looking for a way to link 2 barcodes to the same variant of a product. When vendors change skus on a product and keep the product the same, it is very annoying to have to print barcodes for one of the items even though the item has stayed the same but the barcode has changed. There has to be a way to have multiple barcodes link to a single item. Has anyone figured this out?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 7

What is your workaround right now? Duplicate the item with a different barcode? I think multiple barcodes is a reasonable addition.

0 Likes
Tourist
16 0 2

Right now we just use the use the multi-label barcode app and print barcodes that match the existing code that we have in the backend of the POS system. We then place the printed labels over top of the new barcodes of the prodcuts that need it. so that process is doubling the amount of labels that need to printed and makes doing inventory on incoming shipements much longer.

I dont want to duplicate products because that just makes inventory a mess to deal with, esp since we scan products into inventory whenever it is updated.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hello Kyle, as of today are you still using the multi-label-app or did you find a solution?

1 Like
1 0 0

Also interested in whether you found a solution.

0 Likes