About the address

Highlighted
5 0 0

Im having big issues to set up my online store! One of them is about the address on Shopify POS, because they are asking for an address like I have a legal and physical business. If Shopify its about dropshopping, so the inventory is not on my address. Right?

Why I have to set an address on the app? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 59 127

Hey there, @privelho 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question and the answer to it in its simplest form is taxes. In order for Shopify to know what taxes you need to be charging it needs to know where you are located. As tax laws differ from State to County to District in some cases it is super important that the system knows where you are located so it knows what taxes to charge so you can easily file them correctly. 

Shopify actually isn't all about dropshipping! We have tonnes of merchants on the platform that have their own products and take care of the fulfillment of their orders themselves. Shopify is filled with all sorts of business models from dropshipping to custom crafting and everything in between. As you are dropshipping I am curious as to why you are using the POS app. The POS app is used to sell in person much like a till. It is important for the POS app to know where you are located for the same reason - it is operating as a physical point of sale and so the location needs to be registered. 

I hope this clears things up. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like