Add a customer to a completed POS order

Excursionist
29 0 6

Hey Guys 

Quick fix for now . 

On pos 

1.Copy  the customer email.

2.Find the order on orders page . 

3. Under Reciept ,email the reciept to the copied email this. 

This will automatically add your customer to that order . 

As as for changing a customer for an order. 

No solution yet. 

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
0 Likes
1 0 0

+1 -- we're another business that needs this feature.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi, the way I fix this in my store is to cancel/refund the order on my POS and then put it through again, this time adding the customers name.  It may not suit everyone, and would be a pain in the neck for large orders, but might help out in some cases.

0 Likes
2 0 1

We'd really like to see this feature. 

It is hugely disappointing to see that this issue was flagged 2 years ago and Shopify are still yet to implement any change.

Slowly wondering if we made the wrong decision to switch to shopify pos.

1 Like
Excursionist
29 0 6

On pos 

1.Copy  the customer email.

2.Find the order on orders page . 

3. Under Reciept ,email the reciept to the copied email this. 

This will automatically add your customer to that order . 

This is what I do.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
0 Likes
5 0 0

That does work and is much easier for sure if you have the customers email.  Some of my older customers don't have email unfortunately, or don't want to share it, so that's when I use my refund/reorder work around.  I get there in the end!! :)

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 5

This issue frustrates me so much that I have called tech support several times and put in a formal request that I asked to have escalated up the chain of command. I am told someone would pass along the information and respond. I have never heard a word in return. I am not sure how many people need to complain about this issue before someone takes the initiative to fix the problem. I doubt it is that big of a problem to fix.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

best source to slove the problem....

http://www.wowpos.co.uk/
0 Likes
1 0 0

I'd really like to see a fix for this. We started using POS today, after many weeks of setting up our inventory. And on the first day, we are already encountering this issue.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Same issues here. Please fix this!

0 Likes