Another POS that works with Shopify

1 0 0

Hey!
I've been doing my research and feel like Shopify POS will not work for me with what I need. Does anyone know another POS system that synchs with Shopify I could use for my Brick and Mortar store?

thanks,

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hey, Sam!

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I can't say that I have another POS option that would work for you, but I want to see what I can do to help you out here.

Are there any reasons in particular that you're finding that are leading you to move away from Shopify POS? If you're able to walk me through the struggles you are having I might be able to see if I can help you find a solution.

I look forward to hearing back and working with you further on this issue.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

we are also seriously looking to move away from ShopifyPOS, Shopify maybe a good platform for web i.e websites and other online store sync but it definitely lacks the properties of a good POS. It is very restrictive, complex and indeed expensive system to maintain. 

-There aren't any good tool/option with in shopify to manage inventory easily, rest comes with huge monthly cost. 

-Adding product variation to already existing handle is another big headache.

-There is no option at all of price change in POS, hence will have to use the quick sales but quick sale is not deducted from inventory and so it messes up the inventory figures.

-No option to upload transfer from warehouse to other location.

-Hardware is one another big problem, ipad has limited ability to search products, not all product are visible or searchable on ipad if product inventory goes above the certain number of variations.

-Cannot be used on good faster hardware like maybe on windows POS harware with more ram/ disk space and processing power.

Like all other POS on market Shopify has only functionality of POS that is making sale, and thats the end of it.

-Reporting is very poor, very limited access is provided of metadata to design our own report.

-Payment reconciliation is another problem, Shopify pays out one single amount of all sales in various different locations, so its not easy to figure out what amount is paid of which location and why (taking into account of return, discounts or chargebacks).

To sum up,  Shopify's main focus is not POS but online platform, and POS is very bad product.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Thank you so much for letting me know all of this. I will certainly send this list over to our POS team. It's always very helpful to hear feedback in order to improve. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes