Any way to capture online order payment using POS?

Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Are there any updates on this request? The original post is almost 3 years ago. How can we push it up the requirements list?

Thank you

0 Likes

Hey everyone,

My name is Max Sadlowski and I am the lead developer and CEO of BentoSMB Inc. We are looking to build out a Shopify POS application that solves your specific need and I would love to hear more about how we can do that. There is more information and a form to fill out if you can to give us more details about your needs. 

You can find the form here: https://forms.gle/u3p13uxK4grPB4z39

Please feel free to reach out directly as well if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Max

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

I don't see why there should be a need for an extra application to do such a an action. This is something that Shopify POS should do OTB. 

2 Likes

Hey Longury_Collab,

From what I know of Shopify from our time as an expert, they will not ever be able to support all pieces and functionality, that isn't their goal and shouldn't be. They instead provide a solid foundation with strong systems to allow developers that are focused on specific areas to build great add ons and apps. Thats our goal with this. While I understand that you feel that this should be out of the box behaviour, it isn't currently and it likely won't be a priority for Shopify in the near future as they look to focus on a globalized platform. 

Would love to hear more about your specific need and how we can make sure the developed system works for you and your store. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
I agree. We allow people to order online and pick up in store, being able to bring up an unpaid invoice and process it through the POS should be a simple thing to implement. The data is all already there, so why is it not a native feature?
0 Likes

Hi Ryan and all,

As you may have seen, this app is now live in the store, check it out: https://apps.shopify.com/draft-orders-for-pos. I recommend reviewing it to see if it fits your needs. While I realize that this could very well be a basic feature of the POS application, I think you will find that what we have done so far and how we plan to extend the app in the future will be a far better solution longer term. 

If anyone has questions about the app, please feel free to reach out to us as well. If there is a specific use case or feature we do not support, let us know and we will try and make it happen as quickly as we can.

0 Likes