Automatic Discount not working on products in POS store

4 0 0

My Automatic Discount on products works on my online store but not in the POS store. I had a similar issue trying to setup a buy x get y discount not working on the POS store, support has it listed as a "known issue". Is the automatic discount not porting over to the POS system another known issue?

This is a real problem when advertising items and not being able to have the same discounts for online and instore.

And yes, I know a discount code can be setup to do a discount. The point being it should be integrated to both online without us having to track advertised products instore and applying a discount code when a customer buys it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
14 3 1

Hello, @OddNodd

Elias here from Shopify Support.

I can understand the frustration with our ‘Buy X Get Y’ and ‘Automatic Discounts’ not being compatible with the Point of Sale app. Although our help guide indicates that ‘Buy X Get Y’ and ‘Automatic Discounts’ only work with online sales, I can see how this would be a useful feature to have for POS. This is definitely something that I will be putting forth as a feature request to our developers so that it can help us grow our discount features.

While advertisement campaigns do not actually integrate into the POS for any tracking purposes, our system does allow you to apply a combination of discounts to an order. Here is our guide for ‘Applying discounts in Shopify POS’. If you have retail staff that helps manage in-person sales, please make sure they are aware of which promotions are available and they should be able to apply them to the orders. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes