Badly needed: Variable Price Items

Tourist
9 0 10

Hi everyone,

I already put in a product request for this, I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is struggling with the lack of this feature as well and what you're doing to work around it.

We sell flower bouquets whose price depends on the flowers used. Right now, there's no way to have a product in the system without a fixed price. The two best ways around this I've found are to do a custom item each time and type in the exact same thing each time (flower bouquet) which is time consuming, or to create a "flower bouquet" item with 150 variations ranging from $1 to $150 and pick the one that corresponds with the correct amount, which seems a bit silly.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who sells items whose price can vary. Anyone else?

Thanks,

Jackson

5 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 47

Hi Jackson,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for reaching out on the forums!

There is an developer named Bold apps who make some amazing apps relating to product customising, measurment based products and more. I was looking in the app store for you and to be honest, I have to recommend speaking to them directly to see what they might recommend for your store, as they'll know more about what they can do for you and I know their support is amazing!

You can reach them below on phone and email too :)

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Anne 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 10

Thanks! I'll check them out.

0 Likes
1 0 4
We likewise could benefit from basic price groups. We intake 30+ freshly arrived furniture items daily. We are a resale shop so each item is unique and nothing re-stocks. There are only less than 20 categories for furniture, generally speaking. Instead of hand-keying in a custom sale description for absolutely each item we sell, we'd love the ability to simply select the general group "couch" and then add in the price at the time of checkout. This tells us two things at least over time: 1) how many couches we have sold this month (all priced at various levels, nothing the same) as well as what our average couch goes for (using basic math to determine the mean). Who can build this for us on our Shopify POS?
4 Likes
Explorer
125 0 15

yeah I made a post about this that you cant EDIT the price of items, this is an easy fix.

5 Likes
1 0 0

YES!!!! We're a rock shop, and there so many rough specimens, slabs that are all completely variable, and collector specimens, and it's so subjective that there's no way to catalog them all in the system, but we need the data to keep the type of product recorded. So it's hell to just enter a quick sale and loose the data. Having a variable option for our brick and mortar location would make this system AMAZING. 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 11

Yeah, us too. Shopify reporting is not great to begin with, but it's WAY worse when you have to use quick sales.

Our use case: we sell custom designed wedding and engagement rings. It's one product that can have infinite prices. We've been getting by by creating a new variant every time we need to sell a product at a different price point, but (a) that's time consuming and annoying and (b) we've now run out of variants (100 max per product).

Shopify, please, please, please allow this on POS without hacky workarounds.

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 4

Another store that thinks this is an absolute necessity... This is such a basic POS function that we didn't even think to ask about it when we started the switch-over from our old system. Now we're stuck paying $120/yr for the 2 items in my shop that need it? So frustrating. 

beehive-wool-shop.myshopify.com - please add us to the list 

0 Likes
7 0 0

I've only seen Bold apps for ecommerce, do they make POS apps as well?

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 0

We’ve just joined Shopify and also didn’t think to ask about such a basic requirement. 

Quite amazed how this ‘feature’ has been requested for years but nothing has been done. 

We could work with the ‘quick sale’ if it allowed product type to be added - reporting...

0 Likes