Barcode Printing

Highlighted
2 0 0
I’ve called Dymo and Shopify but have gotten no answer yet. I bought the Dymo Labelwriter WiFi and am trying to print barcode labels in Shopify products admin. The printer prints correctly from the dymo software but not from Shopify. Instead of printing the info horizontally from left to right, it prints vertically and uses 2 labels. It doesn’t matter which labels you choose or even if you pick landscape. I’m in desperate need to get labels printed. Can anyone help?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
154 14 16

Hey there, @Southernt!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your label printing, but I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot!

I'd first like to confirm that you're using the Dymo LabelWriter Wireless Printer, is that right? Which label size are you trying to print with? These are the only sizes that Shopify supports:

• Square (1" x 1") maximum of 6-8 digits
  • Small (1" x 2 1/8")  maximum of 22 digits
  • Large (1 1/8" x 3 1/2") maximum of 40 digits
  • Price Tag (3/8" x 3/4") maximum of 8 digits (not available in the United Kingdom) (Extra small: titled ‘X-small’ in the Barcode Printer app when designing simple labels)

You'll also want to ensure that you've selected the correct label size in your barcode template, otherwise the label won't print correctly. Along with clarifying which label size you're currently using, are you able to provide me with a picture of the labels as well as a screenshot of your of exactly what you're seeing in the print settings? This will give me a basis understanding of what we're working with so that we can continue to troubleshoot together.

You can also reference the Dymo LabelWriter Wireless Printer Manual to ensure that your settings are setup correctly. For future questions, you can also reach our retail team by phone at 1-844-688-4796. This number can be found in the Shopify POS App by going to Store > Support > Give us a call. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes