Cash sale rounding

Shopify Partner
1 0 1

There appears to be posts re this from a few years ago now but nothing current.

Can't see how to do this still???

Is this going to me made available or has everyone just given up on this feature?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
660 0 102

What are we talking about here?

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 4

Canada finally got rid of the penny. We need to be able to have the POS round the sale to the nearest 0.05. It has thrown off our year end numbers. Sales vs actual.

We are forced to make manual adjustments at year end.

3 Likes
2 0 3

I would love to bump this too. We have been limping along for 3 years now, especially with us actually opening a physical store a year ago. 

We have opportunities opening up for multiple stores and would like to stick with Shopify but this is such an annoyance for accounting that we'd rather switch to a system that does this naturally...

@Shopify Support... any updates?

-Dyl

2 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Throwing my bump in here as well, I'm in Canada and opening a brick and mortor to go along with our online shop.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi all,

Is there any resolution to this?  I am starting a new bricks and mortar store in Australia and the 5c rounding is critical.  

Thanks,

Trevor.

1 Like
2 0 3

@Trevor, We gave up after asking for it for 4 years. We just moved our store to Neto E Commerce. Way better for Australian stores (it rounds on the POS) AND it integrates with Xero Accounting Software completely, saving you hours of wasted time when it comes to reconciling inventory and transactions.

@Shopify... you're not the only gang in town now. Should have put rounding in years ago.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Thanks Dylan.  Hmmm, I only checked that the major client requirements were covered, assuming that minor yet critical functions like 5c or 10c rounding would be included...  How hard could it be?  

(My other beef is not being able to select a default shipping method...  How hard could that be? ??)

Thanks,

Trevor.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

+1 for cash sale rounding.

- We're a Canadian brick-and-mortar that recently migrated to Shopify POS. Our previous POS systems handled cash rounding so we've now introduced more friction into the checkout process and have to manually reconcile cash amounts for our accounting.

- Manual cash rounding is not reflected on the order receipts so the customer has no record of the cash transaction being rounded. 

- If a cash-rounded order comes back for a return and we issue a store credit, the store credit doesn't reflect the rounded amounts.

Adding this feature would definitely make for a smoother checkout and iron out some quirks when dealing with orders.

0 Likes
2 0 4

We are an Australia retailer (lowest possible coin is 5c). We need cash rounding! Any update on when this is available?

3 Likes