Collections of collections

3 0 0

We have Collection List on the main page (see the photo)1.png 
After clicking on the Collection we see the products of this collection.
But we want to see the page of subcollections of this collection. We have already created the page with the list of subcategories.
Do you know how we can replace the link to collection by the link to page?
Or maybe you know which theme has the possibility to have subcategories?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

Hi @barnett,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Shopify has a guide going into detail on how to feature a subset of collections on a page as you mentioned. Something to note is that the tutorial is quite advanced and not supported by Shopify. If it's something you feel you're not comfortable with doing yourself, it's recommended you reach out to a Shopify Expert for some help. 

You can see the tutorial for this here

Something else to consider is looking into an app from the Shopify app store which could help. It might be worth taking a look and seeing if one of the apps can do what you want it to. The Categories Uncomplicated app is one I found that seems like it could be what you're looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
3 0 0

Hello! 
Thank you for your answer, Nick!
The thing is that we've already created the page with subcollections. The problem is that we don't know how to add the necessary link to the button on our main page. Now the button leads to the page with products of the collection and we want it to lead to the page with the list of subcollections that we created according to the article.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

No problem at all @barnett.

Ah ok. I see what you mean. Would you be able to share your store URL and let me know what theme you are using? Once I have those details and I can look into this closer for you. Each theme is different so I don't want to say something now and have it end up being incorrect. Once I know the theme I can investigate if what you're looking for is possible and if it is, the best way to go about doing it. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello! 

Our store URL: https://barnettsports.myshopify.com
The theme: Debut.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

Thanks for sharing these details. After looking into it with your theme, your best bet in this case would be to reach out a Shopify Expert to implement this for you. As I mentioned earlier, the guide is quite advanced and not supported by Shopify.

19-10-4ff6q-kh9qp

I feel like this is something that an expert could do for you better than anyone as it is a custom feature or code. You can see the directory for Shopify Experts on this category here

0 Likes