Combining E-Commerce & POS

Tourist
17 0 1

Hello!

We are going to be combining our two stores (one e-commerce, one POS), and I was just wondering what are the exact steps we need to take to successfully get all our data and information off of one store and onto the other? We are keeping our POS store and moving everything from our e-commerce site to it.

• Products: I know that we can export and import these. Does it import everything to the new store (including photos, availability, tags, collections, settings, etc)?
  • Customers: I know we can export and import these. Will importing these move over their order history too?
  • Orders: I know we can export our orders. Is there a way to import them to the new store? 
  • Discount Codes: I see an export button on this page, but how do we import them to the new store?
  • Apps: Do I have to contact each app we're using about transferring data?
  • Blog Posts: If we want to add these to our new site, do we have to manually duplicate all of them?
  • Inventory: Our retail store's inventory will differ from our online store. How can we track inventory once merged? 

Are there any other things I haven't mentioned that are important in merging two stores? Is there a step-by-step guide I can follow to make sure nothing is left behind or forgotten? We want as much data and history to transfer over as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

0 Likes
3 0 0

It doesn't look like you've gotten any help on this? I'm also interested in

Inventory: Our retail store's inventory will differ from our online store. How can we track inventory once merged?

I have a similar need -- I want some fabrics that my physical store has for sale to still show up on the website so people know they exist; but I only want them to be saleable from the physical store.

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

You can track different locations' inventory by going into your Shopify settings, then clicking Locations! Then you can manage each product's availability by going into each product and editing the Product Availability at the top right. However, I'm not 100% sure about the best way to show your products online without them being available for purchase. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks, I was thinking I'd start by exploring how to use locations, and sort of treat the "online store" as a location. I'm still going to investigate a simpler, purer option if possible. Thanks!

0 Likes