Comprehensive list of POS issues

Explorer
53 0 15

Matt - This is by a long mile the best Shopify post ever.  It specifically addressed the point, it offered clear appreciation (e.g. acknowledgement of need to fix), it offered insight as to your internal process without what can be seen as the standard Guru stiff arm and it is from a person working on it.  As a full paying customer and one with a desire to remain full paying and advocate I openly appreciate the post and look forward to experiencing the fixes in order to realise the true value of your platform.  If there is any inferred frustration on my end it is simply because Shopify is in possession of the data required to execute and although programming its manipulation is no easy task the fact remains that it is within Shopify's control which is to say it is Shopify's game to lose.  Look forward to the near term solutions.  

Jason

1 Like
Explorer
49 0 38

Will you continue to have zero reports in the basic plan? I was stunned to find no reports at all in the basic plan, and based on the complaints, surprised to find anyone willing to pay the $50 monthly premium for reports - they should be spectacular at that price.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 13

Hey Jason, Regarding the Bluetooth receipt printer item - the next update of Shopify POS will include improvements to the response time of the cash drawer kick. I'll follow up when this version has been made available through the app store.

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
53 0 15

David - This is great news!  Thank you for promptly addressing the point!!  My staff just cheered!

0 Likes
Explorer
53 0 15

By way of update, I have had very productive discussions with Shopify via video conference lasting in total a couple of hours in the last 10 days.  There appears to be a strong interest in solving several of the points above in short order.  Lets hope we get some update on timing from the Shopify team much like David was kind enough to do regarding bluetooth connectivity.  

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

I would definitely add to this list the inventory problem with multiple store locations. We have 2 brick and mortar stores and our online store all running Shopify POS. I need to be able to know what inventory I have in each location. I've tried multiple apps including Stitch (which is the closest to a good solution I've figured out) but nothing works well. Why is this not something that has been added in yet?

1 Like
1 0 0

Lance,

We are currently researching ways to reconcile this very problem.  Would be very interested to hear your experiences and workarounds.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'd like to have the ability to add to an order that has not been fully paid for. We often take an order in store for something that requires ordering and take a deposit. When the customer returns to pick their item up, often they will pick up an additional item that we have to put through as a separate sale.

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 4

By any chance any of you having issues with the collections within the POS?? If the collection has less than 80 items is ok, only when it has more than 80 that it starts duplicating in the POS which then messes up the tax override if you have such thing for that collection...Since I'm not seeing anyone with this problem want to see if I'm the only lucky one.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Jason - thanks for fighting the fight for the rest of us.

Matt Helm/Shopify - how much longer is it going to take to have functional Reports that do not include Refunds?

0 Likes