Constant Credit Card Declines

1 0 0

Shopify, I am a victim of your out of control credit card blocking service. I purchase items from one of your merchants. I was told to purchase each item I wanted separately by the merchant. I attempted to do so, when you blocked my credit cards. You have not blocked one credit card. You have blocked all 8 of my credit cards ! You have not only blocked me from using my credit cards on that merchant, but you have blocked them on all sites on the internet that utilize your service. I can't even use paypal or Ebay! I HAVE WORKED MY LIFETIME FOR PERFECT CREDIT AND NOW I CAN NOT EVEN USE IT BECAUSE OF YOU.

YOU HAVE FLAGGED ME FROM PURCHASING ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET !!

YOU ARE DESTROYING MY OWN BUSINESS!!

DO I NEED AN ATTORNEY TO  CONTACT YOUR COMPANY? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 7

We are seeing this very frequently in our store now. Frequent declines even when attempting to process the transaction multiple times. Manually entering the card # works fine. This is incredibly frustrating for the staff.

0 Likes
1 0 0
I just had the same issue of a card being declined. I'm in Canada. Customer was from USA. Nothing looked fraudulent. Error code said card was not authorized to make payment. I really hope this does not become an ongoing issue. This is bound to drive customers away. And I see replies from other people saying that their customers card issuers flag shopify merchants as fraudulent. That's not good. Especially if customers start posting negative feedback on social media about someone's store being flagged as fraudulent. Social media can either make a business or break it!!
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello,

I am facing the same issue on 90% of my orders. Customers CC's are being declined due to a Fraud Alert when trying to buy products on my online store.

Can someone help?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
90 2 10

While we haven't run into this issue with our Shopify online e-com storefront, we did want a different/better type of fraud detection in place. We found the Shopify fraud detection to be less than optimal.

So we implemented Riskified and are very happy with the service. It handles the transaction after it first comes out the cart. Once it determines an approve/deny then the transaction is either declined or else it's approved handed off to the payment processing gateway. 

There is a small percentage charge for any approved transactions, whereas declined transactions aren't charged. With 100% chargeback coverage if an approved transaction winds up being fraudulent. I'd highly recommend looking into them.

0 Likes