Converting to Shopify POS plus a separate Online Store

2 0 0

We currently using Quickbooks POS which I want to convert to Shopify POS  (We have many thousands of items.)

We also have an online store that is not connected to our current Quickbooks POS.  We manually upload inventory to our Wordpress website (running WooCommerce)

Is it possible to convert to Shopify POS and then import from our existing woocommerce (about 4000 items, plus past sales and customers) and then link/merge the items back to the Shopify POS so that the products are linked.  

My current POS does not have photos and descriptions but my online store does and I don't want to have to re input the data

Thanks for any help 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
216 29 53

Hi - There are apps and services that allow you to sync WooCommerce to Shopify (e.g. https://automate.io/integration/shopify/woocommerce) and then you could use Shopify POS. So basically you would end up with Woo/Wordpress linking to Shopify and Shopify linking to Shopify POS if you get what I mean.

Personally though I'd think twice about doing this if all you are wanting is a new POS but want to keep WooCommerce instead of using Shopify for your online store. For one thing the Shopify POS has quite a few limitations and there are probably better alternatives for non-Shopify stores. I would either move from Woo to Shopify for your online store (there are apps to make the migration fairly painless) or I would look for an alternative POS.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
2 0 0

thanks for the feedback.  I was looking to make my life easier by having a POS that updated in realtime the quantity for online sales. . . .   and my QB POS is so old and will only run on Windows 7 but did not want to spend the huge amount of investment required to update it

0 Likes