Customer accounts/lay bys?

Excursionist
39 0 30

Hi guys, this is a really great innovation to shopify? Do you have any plans to add the ability to have customer accounts, e.g. To put items on deposit, lay by etc? This would be essential for most boutiques,

cyril 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
965 1 51

Hey Cyril!

I'm not sure if that's something we're planning on incorporating in the near future, but it might be possible to have that kind of functionality built in.

It may be more likely to have that built as part of your ecommerce website by a Shopify expert:

http://experts.shopify.com/

Shopify Experts is an online directory of eCommerce experts that can help you run your Shopify store. From customizing your theme to building custom applications, these experts can help with everything and anything related to Shopify. If this kind of thing can be manufactured in the form of an app or something similar, they'd be the ones who'd be able to do it.

Let me know what you think!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

matthew.buttler@shopify.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
39 0 30

Hi Matthew, this functionality is a POS type of function rather than ecommerce. We use shopify for our online store but to use 'Shopify POS' in store we would need a customer module like this to manage real world purchases by customers, it's a function supported by most POS so shopify would need to consider it to be a real player in this field

tbanks for the super quick reply though!

cyril

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
965 1 51

Hey Cyril,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll let the POS team know about this, and we'll see if we can't get that put in a future release of the app. ;)

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

matthew.buttler@shopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 3

Hey there! 

Just to expand on this issue, we currently do support a function similar to what you are suggesting.

Do you have any plans to add the ability to have customer accounts, 

You can use your normal customer accounts with Shopify. Above the cart, you can tap "Add a Customer". You can fill in all necessary information using that, and orders are associated to the customer.

e.g. To put items on deposit, lay by etc?

You can take "partial Payments" or have the customer put a certain amount down on the product. Afterwards, you can then search for the order by customer name in the order details tab, and finish taking payments there.

Hope this helps!

Julian Nadeau

Shopify Mobile

Cheers! Julian Nadeau Developer, Shopify Mobile http://shopify.ca
0 Likes
Excursionist
39 0 30

Hi Julian,

thanks for this. It does almost solve the problem, but we would also need the ability to add further items to that sale. So we need to be able to call up the sale at any time and add payments or additional items, I don't think this is possible? Also not sure how closing the register each day would effect these items? 

I think this product had great potential but needs a few more essential POS items !

thanks

cyril 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 3

You can most certainly call up the order to add payments. Just search by Customer Name, Order number, or receipt number.

Adding items is considered a new order, and as such, you can simply create a new order with the items. I would suggest associated it with the same customer from the "Add a customer" drop down, so that you may search by customer in the order details.

Closing the register each day takes into account the money and payments collected on POS for that day. If you do not collect money, it should not be included in the statement (as you don't actually have the money as of yet, and statements are for tracking this).

Hope this helps!

Julian Nadeau

Cheers! Julian Nadeau Developer, Shopify Mobile http://shopify.ca
0 Likes