Customers Missing in POS App?!

Tourist
6 1 1

Both in the POS app and the regular Shopify App (when making a draft order), I am only seeing a selection of customers available. I can search, but names I know are in my customer database do not show and it asks me to create a new customer. When I am on the website I can see my complete database of customers. This is a new issue, I have been able to pull up all customers in the past. 

Super frustrating when I have to create a new profile customer and then I can even merge it with their old profile. 

Anyway to get my customer list to integrate to the apps like previously?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2038 122 257

Hi @sparklewcupsy,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I know this might sound a bit obvious, but could you close and restart the apps and your device, please? After that could you let me know if the customer names re-appear or not for the draft orders? If they don't, let me know in a reply here and we can take a closer look as to why this might be happening. I can definitely see how this is frustrating for you and want to get it solved as soon as possible. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
59 2 4

I have run into the same scenario here. Restarting the iPad app, restarting the iPad, waiting a few minutes and retrying, etc. didn't remedy the issue. It was maybe an hour later where the iPad app displayed the customer records as expected.

Here are two screen shots, one from the web view and the other from the iPad view. Couldn't be more plain as day :) customers - web view.jpgMy web browser showed this...customers - POS view.jpg...while my iPad showed this.

0 Likes