Dates/Times on purchases

Excursionist
39 0 31

We use the partial payment process to allow customers to put items on layby or account. This works fine for us (although I would suggest that you don't use the status 'Partially Paid' for an item which has no payment on it yet, as per layby items, maybe 'No Payment' or something!) but often a customer will return at a later date to pay some or all of the outstanding. Can we ask that you put the date & time of each payment item on the customer receipt for their records.

Also, the end of day summary needs to be improved to list payments by dates so that the clerk can determine & track whats been paid?

Cyril.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 0 27

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can we ask that you put the date & time of each payment item on the customer receipt for their records.

I'll see what we can do about this.

Also, the end of day summary needs to be improved to list payments by dates so that the clerk can determine & track whats been paid?

Can you provide more detail on this? I'm not sure I understand as the end of day summary provide the totals of given payment types for the day.

0 Likes
Excursionist
39 0 31

Hi Andrew,

ok take this example. Customer puts an item for €100 on layby on Tuesday and pays €50 as a downpayment/deposit. This €50 will appear in the end of day summary for Tuesday and we can see which sale this relates to. The same customer pays the remainder of the amount outstanding on this item on Friday, but now this €50 appears in the end of day cash for Friday, but it won't be for any sale on Friday. So how does the cashier know which transaction from the past that this applies to? bearing in mind that the person cashing up may not be the same person who processed the sale. We have had this issue many times recently trying to reconcile end of day amounts.. gonig through the days sales is easy but i cannot see anyway of seeing which previous transactions may have been updated that day with a payment.

Many other POS show a log of transactions for the batch period, so that you can track what payments were for what transactions. From what i can see Shopify POS only provides a summary of the totals cash/cards sales.

hope this makes sense!

Cyril.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 0 27

Hi Cyril,

That makes a lot of sense. I made a note of this and we'll take a look at this feature for future updates.

Thanks,

0 Likes