Does shopify have any plans to create a check out system through a web browser?
That would be awesome because then you could run the online store and retail store from one computer, instead of needing an additiona ipad to check people out in store.
We use an iMac in our store for our check out system and it's so much more convienent than an iPad because you can print labels, check people out, use photoshop, answer e-mails, etc. It would be great to have the shopify POS available through a browser.
Thanks for the feedback T.J. We don't generally discuss the roadmap of things we're working on, but at the moment I can say we are focusing on our iPad app. I'd suggest that even if you don't own an iPad you try to borrow one from a friend and try out Shopify POS. The feedback that we've had from early customers has been really, really positive.
Thanks for getting back to me. I want to try it out but I don't want to make a switch without some features so I have some questions that I figured I would post here in case other people are wondering the same things
1. Can you have more than 1 register with the $49 payment?
2. When will gift cards be available? We really won't switch over until this is an option. We make a lot of money on our gift card sales. We can't really afford to not have that not be a part of our sales.
3. Will you be able to separate the reports to just show online or just show in store?
4. Willl there be a label printing system incorporated? We need to label everything in store and scan things
That's all I can think of right now. We'd love to have all our shopping in one place but we can't make the switch until the gift cards are available.
Here are your answers:
1. Yes you can have more than 1 register for $49. It's $49 per retail location (so if you have 5 different stores it would be 5x$49). The multiple locations separation is important if you want to report on sales on a location by location basis. So if you do popup shops or trade shows, you wouldn't need this and it would just be $49.
2. See http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/gift-certificate-gift-voucher-what-s-the-latest-... Our VP of Product said it will be entering private beta within two weeks.
3. Yeah you can separate sales by in-store and online. See: http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/8-reports
We noticed that Shopify POS doesn't pull the variant fields that we built with a third party App (Color, Size, Engraving, etc). It can be captured via notes in the POS, but to standardize the customization of our products we are hoping integration of the Apps / Variants will be something that is reviewed.
|09-17-2019 06:43 PM|
|09-17-2019 06:33 PM|