Desktop POS Solution

Tourist
8 0 2

A desktop version of the POS would be fantastic. Adding my vote.

In the mean time I wanted to point out that having 9 iPads running in your store concurrently is a very feasible, as they are a lot more sturdy then they look :)

This is a baffling response to me. Shopify, it is not your job to decide what is feasible for your customers and what isn't. It certainly explains a lot about Shopify's reluctance to implement many much needed and requested features, as they apparently feel that how we run our businesses is up to them.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

This is one of many reasons we're not taking on more Shopify work and pushing customers to BigCommerce (and let's face it, customers buy exactly what their consultants suggest).

Shopify's lack of support for modern e-commerce, especially in terms of POS solutions and headless commerce are just insulting at this point, as are the flippant responses from staff. 

Shopify support is the best BigCommerce ad I've ever seen. Shame on you, Shopify. 

2 Likes
Tourist
4 0 6

+1 We shouldn't be forced to use iPads

3 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

I would also like to have a Windows 10 Shopify POS App that I could use on my Microsoft Surface Pro or Surface Go.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Is Shopify really this out of touch?

2019 and you can't use their POS on a desktop?

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Shopify, has there been any movement on this? We moved to Shopify after having one of your service reps tell us about the POS being integrated with our website and the time savings that would offer. They failed to mention the IPad only part.  Almost a year later and we are still using our old POS and doing redundant work. What gives? Just port the thing over to PC/Android!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Shopify, has there been any movement on this? We moved to Shopify after having one of your service reps tell us about the POS being integrated with our website and the time savings that would offer. They failed to mention the IPad only part.  Almost a year later and we are still using our old POS and doing redundant work. What gives? Just port the thing over to PC/Android!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

The barcode scanner issue is a weird one - I was about to buy the recommended Bluetooth one and then read horrible reviews on Amazon relating to reliability. I just bought a lightning to USB hub (with charging input) and plugged in my 10 year old symbol USB scanner and it works perfectly with the iPad!

0 Likes