Different Price for POS and Online

7 0 0

I have seen some old posts for this topic and wanted to know if we can have 2 different prices for the same product - 

For Example - online we would sell a product for EUR 12 and in POS we would sell a product for EUR 10. 

There has to be some way we can do this. I do not want to create duplicate products otherwise it will cause problems with the inventory. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hey, there. 

This is Dallas from the Social Care Team here at Shopify. 

Although there is not a specific button that allows you to do this you are able to create a workaround that should be able to help you out. 

The best option that I can suggest would be to create two products. I know it will affect your inventory, however if you were to set up your product with different variants then your customers will be able to select from both options online. Having two variants as well will also have two seperat inventories that you would still have to track seperately. 

If you were to create two products, the first one would be the one that is available to your online customers and the second would be the one that shows up on your POS system. For your online product, you'd just need to make sure that in the product page of the Store Admin you have it set so that it is not available on the POS. 

Then you will need to create a product option for your POS. This one, however, will need to have the sales options selected in reverse. 

Just make sure that you only choose one of the prices for any of the other optional sales channels that you may have attached to your store. If you select them on both then your customers will have two prices to choose from.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to let me know. We also have live support here 24/7 to help you out by phones and chat. 

Best, 
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
7 0 0

Thank you for the reply however this does not help! How can we maintain 2 different inventories for the same product? 

Is there an app that can help us with this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hi, Shivam. 

I do see what you mean. Unfortunately there isn't an app for that. 

If you were to make two products you could always track inventory on one and then not track inventory on the other one. That way you would be able to change the inventory levels manually. I know this isn't what you are hoping for, but this will be the best and easiest option. 

If you are looking for a way to custom create this, I would suggest reaching out to a Shopify Expert. They are amazingly talented and may just be able to develop this particular modification for you. 

I really hope that helps! 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes