Draft an Order on Computer - Complete the Sale on POS?

Solved
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 10 104

Absolutely! Can you please explain from a personal perspective why it makes things difficult for your business and what you are doing for a workaround?

Thanks

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0
This makes it difficult because we use an integrated scheduling app
(BookThatApp) for our customers to "purchase" available time slots. Since
the app does not integrate with the Shopify POS App, I have to create a
draft order from the BookThatApp application. In order to pay for the
reservation in person, I have to log into Shopify again, open up draft
orders, and send an invoice so that the customer can enter in their credit
card details from their email. This process is very cumbersome, especially
when they're right in front of me wanting to buy. If we could pay for draft
orders from the POS by accepting physical cards, this would be much faster
and would lead to more sales.

We are unable to simply use the POS app stand-alone, because any purchase
would not sync back to our calendar/availability app due to the lack of
integration.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 10 104

Thank you for providing me with your valuable feedback! I have added this on to our feature request for you. It's possible someone from our product team may reach out to you by email in the future.

0 Likes

Hey there,

My name is Max Sadlowski and I am the lead developer and CEO of BentoSMB Inc. We are looking to build out a Shopify POS application that solves your specific need and I would love to hear more about how we can do that. There is more information and a form to fill out if you can to give us more details about your needs. 

You can find the form here: https://forms.gle/u3p13uxK4grPB4z39

Please feel free to reach out directly as well if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Max

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
I agree. I often take phone calls and create draft orders while on the offline with a customer, then if they walk into the shop I have to print the draft and remake the order. It would be so much easier if you could just pull it up and convert right in POS and take their card right turn. All the data is there, come on shopify make it happen. I should not have to pay another $15 a month for something that is so seemingly simple and needed.
0 Likes

Hi Ryan and all,

Reposting this from the other thread on this, but as you may have seen, this app is now live in the store, check it out: https://apps.shopify.com/draft-orders-for-pos. I recommend reviewing it to see if it fits your needs. While I realize that this could very well be a basic feature of the POS application, I think you will find that what we have done so far and how we plan to extend the app in the future will be a far better solution longer term. 

If anyone has questions about the app, please feel free to reach out to us as well. If there is a specific use case or feature we do not support, let us know and we will try and make it happen as quickly as we can.

1 Like
Tourist
7 0 5

Max,

While I wish Shopify would build this seemingly obvious functionality into the platform, your solution seems like it will work very well. Thanks for the development and the heads up!

1 Like

Great, glad to hear it. If you have any other POS specific difficulties, questions, or thoughts, feel free to DM me and we can setup a time to chat. We are working on another POS app to be released in the next couple months as well and will be actively building apps that solve POS issues. 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

+1 more for this feature. We aught to be able to change a draft sale into at least a parked or pending state.

We also use BookThatApp for walk-in customers.

Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 10 104

Hey, @Rodders!

Aria here!

Please feel free to share your store URL with me to enable me to add you to our feature request.

If you can be specific on why this makes things difficult for your particular business and share any other workarounds you currently use, that would be incredibly helpful. 

Thank you.

0 Likes