Draft an Order on Computer - Complete the Sale on POS?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Are we getting any closer to a built in solution? I get sick if posting for addons
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
476 12 106

Hey, 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi All,

Just in case you missed it, we have released an app that takes care of this problem and are working on improving it to handle more use cases as well. You can find it here: https://apps.shopify.com/draft-orders-for-pos. It has a 5 day trial so you can easily check it out and test it to see if it works for your store.

It also works well with things like BookThatApp and all fields are preserved for the booking including the date and time, we have multiple clients using it with that specific use case. 

If you have any questions about it, feel free to reach out to us directly. 

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks @Aria - do you mean the full "[name].myshopify.com" address? Can I PM this to you? I've gotten some unwanted contact from Shopify experts in the past.

Edit: How this affects the business:

This is essentially for a hiring process.

We're having to completely bypass Shopify and manually enter a POS sale because if we use the parked sale we'd have to wait for the customer (who is a walk in) to open their email and pay via an online system. This is not practical for walk in customers as you can imagine.

So instead we bypass Shopify, then go back into book that app to complete the order number information for the customer and manually confirm the order.

Problems with this:

1. It opens itself up to more possibility of human error (more manual steps)

2. When reimbursing the client for their deposit (when they return the item), the client won't get a record in their website account (when they log in). 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
476 12 106

Thank you for clarifying. 

I do need your store URL in order to add you to the feature request. Shopify staff don't communicate by PM on forums. If you're more comfortable reaching out to our support to have them add you to the feature request, you can do that here. If you use online chat or email, you can always link them to this post to speed things up a bit. 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes