Exchanging an item with Moneris, missing feature???

Excursionist
16 0 4

Hello!

We just moved from LightSpeed to Shopify... and we were disappointed to learn that item exchanges can't be done on sales initially paid with Moneris?

We are in the business of apparel retail and there's lot item to exchanges....

Further more, we have that inside the documentation :

1A6B26E8-161F-4C09-B751-D7A5D4289453.jpg

"You can't perform an exchange on an order that includes a semi-integrated Moneris transaction."

Why is that? I cannot figure out...

Any workaround for that? Any plan implementing that soon?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Hi @PeteLes,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

I looked into this for you and asked our retail team if they could provide any insight as to why it's not possible to perform exchanges on any orders which are semi-integrated with a Moneris transaction. They mentioned this is because it is a semi-integrated payment form, and currently Moneris does not have the capability to interact with our Exchange process directly.

I know this might not be ideal or the answer you are looking for but I hope it does provide an answer as to the why behind it for you. 

I will bring your particular case to the team's attention and mention it as a feature request for the future on your behalf. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your fast reply. We are new Shopify clients and we're glad to see there's a huge community to help us.

Meanwhile, we're very surprised to learn that Moneris does not have the compatibility to do exchanges while our old LightSpeed Onsite installed with the very same iPP 320 Moneris terminal can...

Actually, here what we can do :

• Lets say the client bought 2 items of 50$ each, total 100$;
  • The client return 1 item, and change it for a 75$ item.
  • Moneris can charge the additional 25$ to the client;

Same thing, other side around :

• Let say the client bought 2 items of 50$ each, total 100$;
  • The client return 1 item, and change it for a 25$ item.
  • Moneris can charge the reimburse 25$ to the client;

We could provide you with a small video if you'd like how simple it is.

So I guess Moneris has all the necessary APIs to accomplish that... Why Shopify POS can't call them? We don't understand why Shopify POS would not provide this functionally which is so much vital.

In the meantime, I appreciate very much you brought this issue to the retail team as a feature request. Also, is there a workaround if we want to stay with Shopify? 

Manny thanks.

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hello @Nick!

Got a a response from support today, and we were very happy to learn this feature is coming up :

"Thanks for reaching out! My apologies for the wait times, our queues have been quite large recently and we are working to address this. Happy to help you out from here.

We're absolutely aware of our merchants' need for exchanges on Moneris, and this is something our development team is actively working on. The feature has not been unveiled as of yet as it is quite complex and involves input from both Shopify's and Moneris's side. As such, it's taking a little longer to develop, and I very much appreciate your patience as we continue to work on this.

As a workaround for now, you are still able to refund the original order and process a new one -- and you can link the original order in the new order's notes for your reference. With that being said, we'll be sure to keep you in the loop as we finish this feature -- we're looking forward to it as much as you are.

If there's anything else I can do to help, feel free to reach out!

Thanks,"

This is such a good news, thank you very much!

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Hi @PeteLes,

My pleasure. Thanks for getting back and updating me on this also! Hopefully, it can happen soon. 🙂

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hello @Nick , how are you?

Do you have new development about this issue / feature?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Hi @PeteLes,

There hasn't been any as of yet. For a development as substantial as this, you would more than likely be notified or hear about it via an email. Be sure to keep an eye out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hello everybody...

Just to share with you a warning about this feature : with multiple tickets opened with Shopify Support, this remains very unclear if Shopify will ever implement this feature.

Some tech support says yes, but can't or wont say when... Some tech support says there's some technical issues making it impossible. We don't feel we are getting told the real story here. This is very disappointing.

Don't go with Shopify if you need to do item exchanges completely integrated with Moneris terminal : its not implemented!

0 Likes