Filling Online Orders From A Retail Location

Excursionist
18 1 2

We just launched our online shop, and are filling all our orders from our retail location. I have noticed that orders don't show up in the orders section of the Shopify POS, which would be ideal for us. How have you achieved alerting your staff to fill an order, without having them monitor Shopify Admin? Is there some way to get order information alerts on our retail ipad?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

I dont know of anyway to have alerts show up on the ipad....but you should be able to print the orders out to a printer there at the store. If your looking for something automated then you probably need a app for order management and have them use that. The ship station app would probably be a good app that has the orders in the app so that they can fulfill them and keep up with the fulfillment status.

0 Likes
There is no way for POS to notify staff of an online sale. It's really bad. They need to monitor the admin. Please call in a feature request, it's the only way they'll hear us
1 year e-commerce, 7 years B&M store. www.shopbraeheid.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
18 1 2
Thanks. I will definitely do that. I wish Shopify was constantly trying to
improve their performance, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
0 Likes
I wouldn't agree with you there. Shopify is constantly releasing updates, announcing big changes and pushing their users to be engaged. Imagine if you were programming updates for the platform that 500,000 subscribers use for their daily income. You'd take a bloody long time making sure it was bug free before releasing it.

*Cough* customer view tablet *cough*
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0
Initially I read it as you not wanting to give the access to the admin, I may have read that wrong. We keep the admin pulled up on a computer. We also have the shopify app running on our iPad in the background (not the pos but the shopify app which is a different app). The app will give you notifications when a order is made online. However, it may also notify you of pos orders too since they show up in the admin...I'm not sure, you'll just have to test it and see.
0 Likes
I turned those notifications off because it makes the cash sound for POS and online. And that's just awkward when you have a line up
0 Likes