Gift Cards

Tourist
7 0 1

I just got the gift card beta to our shopify store and I love it!  Any chance gift cards come to POS before Christmas that can be used both in store and online?

Any chance gift cards come to POS before Christmas?  It's the only thing that is keeping us from switching to shopify POS

Thanks!

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey TJ!

We're currently working on rolling out the Gift Cards program so that it has the maximum amount of stable functionality to work for both POS and the online store system. Be sure to keep an eye on our blog over at blog.shopify.com for any announcements about this exciting new feature on Shopify.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey Matthew, we're so happy about this and we are about to roll them out on our site. My only problem is that when I try to preview them they don't display right. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey there!

I'm not too sure about this one. I've reached out to one of the developers who worked on the Gift Cards project to see if they can take a look and see what might be going awry with your preview.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
71 0 13

@Seea, I just checked your theme and it was missing the gift_card.liquid template and assets. I've gone ahead and added the assets and template to your published theme.

The issue is likely because a theme was imported that was missing the assets. Please make sure to export your current theme before making any changes.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey Tariq, thanks a lot for fixing this for us. I've changed the image of the Gift card in the product page, will this new graphic appear when the customer receives the link??

We're working on releasing a new theme in a few weeks, what is the procedure I need to do on that theme to be sure the Gift cards will work there as well?

thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
71 0 13

@Seea, you will need to modify gift_card.liquid to update the graphic. Please make sure your theme designer or developer exports all of the gift card assets from your current theme. Here's a link to the docs related to themes and gift_card.liquid:

http://docs.shopify.com/themes/theme-templates/gift-cards-liquid

0 Likes
3 0 0

OK, thank you very much!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
8 0 0

Just wondering that since this is a Beta product is there a forum for Bugs/Suggestions for this product for those who are actually using it right now?

thanks. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
8 0 0

For example - in the notifications section the code generated for the $ Amount of the Gift Card

{{ gift_card.initial_value | money_without_trailing_zeros }}

is giving me an error when I preview the email - " Liquid error: undefined method `floor' for nil:NilClass."

Is something not being defined in the backend?

0 Likes