How to set up POS and inventory locations for "migratory shops"

Excursionist
95 0 9

I've read the other posts here about the new inventory locations features and it seems that everybody else has the opposite problem from me.  My shop is primarily online so my inventory is kept at my shop location.  Three times a year, I haul everything into a van and go vend at pet expos/events.  For taxation purposes, I've set up those event locations into my system and make sure the tax collection is set correctly in my POS apps.  This is all good so far.

However, I noticed that now the new inventory locations feature seems to be requiring me to move all my inventory counts from my shop location to each of those event locations prior to going to them.  If I don't do that, then my POS app says everything is out of stock.

Can I revert my system to only use ONE inventory location, no matter where my POS app says I am?  I suspect I can just remove all but one inventory locations, but if I do that, will it screw up my tax locations settings?

0 Likes
Excursionist
95 0 9

Oh, I just realized that this is a bigger problem than I originally thought.  I'm going to an in-person event next week.  I was about to move my inventory counts to that location and realized that with the way this is working, if I do that, then all my online customers will see everything as being out of stock!  This is very bad.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
133 4 14
You should be able to determine the order of fullfillment locations, which shouldnt make it out of stock when you move inventory from online to pos
0 Likes