Integrate brick and mortar POS with Shopify

Shopify Partner
17 0 0

Can products and inventory be sent from a Windows PC system written in Visual Basic to Shopify?  Once an App is available and orders are entered can they be returned to the Windows system automatically?  If all this is possible can someone please direct me to some documentation?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 156

Hey Wayne,

One of our [Shopify Experts](http://experts.shopify.com/) or a developer might be able to help with something like this. You'd basically need to use our API system to code a connection between the Basic system and our system.

I'm not a code-genius myself, so I hope that at least gives you a direction!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 0

Thanks Alex, I think a direct connection between the brick and mortar POS (my system) and Shopify is the approach to take.  I was previously directed to use an APP for this, the first one I contacted suggested I would be able to do this myself.  I wish there was someone AT Shopify who could work with me on this, you must work with App Developers and that seems similar to me.  I will post my progress here as I attempt to connect and upload a product list.  I hope that once that's done Shopify will be able to stream orders back to me, or perhaps that part must go through an App.  Thanks for the first light I've seen that I may be on the right track!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 0

I seem to be getting a connection to Shopify from my POS, but I'm confused about what's coming back.

I created a Test Private App and it gave me an API Key, Password, and Shared Secret.  I'm not clear if I need the Shared Secret or not.  There are no products in my test store yet, I am using GET /admin/products/count.json hoping for a "0" count returned.

My URL is formatted https://apikey:password@hostname and I seem to get a connection

I then pass a GET command as HttpClient1.GetData("/admin/products/count.json", strBuffer)  ... where strBuffer should be data returned, HttpClient1 is an instance of an internet server control.

The error message returned is :  [API] Invalid API Key or access token (unrecognized login or wrong password)

Do I need an Access Token?  If so how do I get this and how is it used?  Thanks ...

0 Likes