Inventory for each location

Shopify Partner
90 0 32

+1

Great news this is being worked on! 

0 Likes
3 0 0

+1: This is critical.

One of the reasons we're leaving one of our two incumbent POS solutions today is that it's become a quagmire of add-ons and unrelated applications. Basic store inventory segregation is something we expect out of the POS platform -- while third-party platforms are fine when it comes to logistics or multi-channel sync, using them for this is a recipe for breakage and costs which make Shopify cost-prohibitive compared to traditional POS solutions.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi @Guy, this is a feature that would greatly benefit a lot of us Shopify users with multiple Brick & Motar stores and warehouses. Can you provide a timeline to when this will be available? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7

@Guy

Hi Guy,

Does this mean that Shopify will eventually handle inventory management natively ... meaning we'll no longer have to rely on third party apps like Stitch? That would be awesome. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 6

Checking back in to let you guys now that stitchlabs has it working. You can create warehouses according to your locations in shopify that are holding stock. You can specifically link the fullfillment warehouses with the POS locations. We have been working like that now for about 3 months and it has helped us a lot.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Wow it's a shame Shopify and Lightspeed can't just buy one another out and merge. Shopify is king when it comes to ecommerce while Lightspeed is king in retail. Lightspeed has almost every feature a multiple location retail needs.

I've been with Lightspeed for the past 5 years, but their online ecommerce is horrendous. I recently got with Shopify for my webstore (love it) and now making everything easier by moving the POS over. Also Lightspeed POS has been absolutely shit the past 2 months. We experience an outage from them on a weekly basis. So making the move was a no brainer.

I have 2 retail locations and will be working on exporting all my data and doing the Collections/ Locations workaround next week. I will update here sometime in the next week or 2 on my progress and how it goes. It's a bummer we don't have transfers on Shopify yet.

I also agree, NO ONE should be paying another monthly charge for a third party app and taking on another cost for their business.

Can't believe this thread got started 2 years ago... Thanks to all for the continuing conversations. It was a good read to see how everyone is dealing with this.

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 6

Dear Charles

i was in the same situation. We're running 2 retail stores, together with the online store. Meanwhile we got 3 locations with stock. We loved the funcionality of shopify, but the missing support for multiiple locations almost drove us crazy. That's why we decided for a 3rd party app. But even this is easier said than done. After checking out almost all apps out there, i found out that all of them that support multiple locations, don't support shopify POS. So far i only found stitchlabs, that gives me that possibilty. But be aware, it takes a lot of work to get it running. But you get some more features with it, like purchase ordering, warehouse transfers and some more. Features you would anyway, since i don't believe shopify will have that, once they enable multiple location stock.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 5

I do IT for a few retail stores and have been using Shopify POS for about 5 months and I still feel like this thing is in alpha. It would appear that they have skipped basic/pertinent research into what makes a POS a useable piece of software. Taking in money is key to a business and the "workarounds" that are often suggested by shopify reps are a bit of a slap in the face.

I have been hesitant to go back to using a real pos considering how much time i've put into trying to get this thing to work the way it should but I think it's finally time to give up.

Honestly it's my fault as I should have done more research but it's not like the problems I have with the system are "power user" functions. Every issue i've had with shopify POS has to do with basic functionality that no POS i've worked with in the past 10 years didn't have. 

"Amateurish" is, i think the best word to describe their approach as well as their ability to improve their platform.

For god's sake you still can't even do an exchange. Seriously?

3 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I concur Joey. 100%!

And Harry, Stitch Lab might be the way to go. They have a lot to offer. I have been researching and been thinking this through, and just running off Collections might end up being a nightmare. So thanks for that insight. And yes definitely a ton of work to not only to get down the new system/ logistics, you have to learn it in a way so you can easily teach your employees too.  I just want 2 things from Shopify. EMV readers, and multi-location inventory/ transfers! Am I asking for too much?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi guys!

If you're looking to manage your inventory from multiple warehouses, you can give TradeGecko a shot. All you'll need to do is to search for the TradeGecko app on Shopify, and install this add-on. More info can be found here: https://www.tradegecko.com/shopify-inventory-management.

With our multiple warehouse feature, you can transfer stock easily between warehouses, receive stock in a specific warehouse, bin locations, sell on consignment and get location reports.

For more information, do visit us at https://www.tradegecko.com or drop us an email at hello@tradegecko.com.

Cheers!

0 Likes