Is it possible to disable quick sale?

2 0 1

Is it possible to disable the quicksale option from the Point of Sale screen. It makes inventory tracking impossible and can lead to the wrong price being charged for products. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
353 42 55

Hi, @Cornelius!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for reaching out, I am happy to help you out today.

The quick sale feature is built into the Shopify POS system, and at this time it can't be disabled.  However, I would be happy to send your feature request to our product team. At Shopify, we pride ourselves on the continued growth and development of our platform, and we are only able to strive towards this goal with feedback and comments from merchants just like you. 

All the best! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 1
Thanks Lulu,

Yes please forward it to development. I think it would be a good option
for managers to be able to disable quick sales.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
353 42 55

You are very welcome @Cornelius, I have passed your feedback on to our team! While there is never a guarantee that a request will get a 'green light', or make it to a product launch, we really do appreciate your suggestions, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request.

All the best! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
1 0 1

Please also submit a request for me to have the option to disable this Quick Sale function.  I understand this isn't a guarantee  it can be done, but it really does cause me a lot of pain when staff use it.   Inventory, Tax, and Consignment payout issues happen each time it is used. 

Please do your best to be an advocate for a solution that allows us to turn it off.

Thank you.

Ryan

1 Like
Shopify Partner
2 0 1
I also absolutely need this feature, non admins should be required to ask permission before authorizing a sale items that is not in the system! Basic stuff here...
1 Like